View RSS Feed

caitianx

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#139

Rate this Entry
I will have to wait until my next SSDI direct deposit into my chequeing account to clear, before I can think about getting my now broken laptop computer repaired. The way it is, hard disk drives, the primary mass storage device in any computer only lasts so long before suffering a catastrophic failure. It is not the control electronics in the disk drive that fails, but the mechanical read/write heads and the magnetic disk media surface. Back when I was employed by GENRAD, Inc., decades ago, in the GR1796A functional test systems I performed the final system integration and calibration on, the DEC removable hard disk drives the system used to store the printed circuit board test software programs suffered catastrophic failure of the mechanical read/write head assembly rather frequently, requiring me to replace the DEC hard disk drive(s), to get the system to pass the quality assurance tests before shipping to OEM electronics manufacturer's like TEKTRONIX, etc.

Anyway, just a little glimpse into my former career as a person with Asperger's Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.