View RSS Feed

egor

I am so "GREEN"

Rate this Entry
Hello

This morning the local power company changed the meter on our house from a standard service to a bi-directional service. I am now an official privet power generating unit.

There has been 16 solar panels installed and I have the capacity to produce 4.2 kW/h of electricity. IF everything goes correctly I should have the system paid for in 5 to 7 years and a 30+ year life expectancy to the system.

How is that for being green.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome!
    It ain't easy being green... hi-ho ! Kermit de Frog here...

That's cool man, just cool!
    -Marka
    Very cool! That is a pretty quick pay off considering the expected life span of the system. Vancouver is not the sunniest place either, so even more impressive.
    Sounds like a quite long time though / a high price to afford the panels and everything else in your region.

But it's a good thing nonetheless, so congratulations. =)
    Hope reality comes out as well as the numbers suggest. There's a technical elegance to your arrangement that appeals to me.
    that's so cool! though it sounds expensive to setup

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox
    that's so cool! though it sounds expensive to setup
    Yes it is expensive to set up, but in the long run it should pay off.

This is a small case in point that nothing ventured noting gained. This is the kind of stuff the "1%" do to get started and keep making the money work for them.

I hope and plan to use the revenue from this to pay for it and in the next two to three years expand it to make even more money. If I can find out about the possibility of residential wind power production I will do that too. I saw some private turbines in Arizona, but the information is very sketchy for the North West. WSUV has 5 of them but they are used for teaching only and not tied into the grid.
    Did you look into possible government rebates for going solar? We currently have a solar water heater and would love to one day go for the whole shabang.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz
    Did you look into possible government rebates for going solar? We currently have a solar water heater and would love to one day go for the whole shabang.
    Yes I did. That was one of the key to doing this.
    $10,000.00 one time tax credit that can roll over until it is used.
    54 cents/kw produced until 2020.

That is why I intend to put that money right back into the loan for the equipment and pay it off in half the time, then increase the system by at least 25%.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.