View RSS Feed

FievelandTonyAB93

About to Come Out

Rate this Entry
I've been thinking about this for some time. I've been talking to my mom about my sexual orientation and she seems to be open minded about this. Haven't really told anybody else about this yet, but I'm sure I'll be accepted once I tell them I'm coming out as either gay or bisexual. Probably the later.

Comments

Good luck to you and just remember were always here if you need us.
    And here I was afraid that you were coming out AB/DL... lol?

FievelFulgoreAB93,

Just a FYI, some people seem receptive... until they find out it's you that you're talking about... just don't get blind-sided if the reaction is horribly less than optimal...

Having said that... though it's new to you... it's not the end of the world, and it does get much better too!

Your mom may have already guessed, in your conversations about this, or before... that it's you you're talking about... sometimes, you're the last to know

My best to you! We'll gladly hear how well it went, and help you through the difficulties too!

With care,
    -Marka
    Good for you. I think you are wise to have started discussing sexuality with your mom gradually. I wish I had done the same. I started this process a little over a year ago. I had never spoken a word of it to any family members before that. My parents were shocked and didn't take it very well. A year later it is way better. It is an ongoing process for me. It has been challenging at times, but much more so, it has been extremely rewarding. I am much more at peace with myself than I could have imagined. I'm still not completely at peace, but more so than before Good luck! We look forward to hearing how things go.
    Believe me, coming out is good for your mental health, I highly recommend it I know it still takes a lot of courage because you don.t always know what the response will be. I remember when I started coming out to my friends (I was terrified) but, much to my surprise, they pretty well had it figured out so it wasn't much of a surprise to them. It didn't really change anything in my relationships with people who were important to me.

When you come out, you open the door to new friends and new relationships. You will meet people who you can share this with and, most importantly, you'll breathe a huge sigh of relief because you will be free to be who you really are and not having to pretend to be something else.

I saw in your profile that you are from Virginia. Below is a link to support programs, community events, and meeting places for LGBT's in your area. I hope it helps.

http://www.thedccenter.org/virginia.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    And here I was afraid that you were coming out AB/DL... lol?

FievelFulgoreAB93,

Just a FYI, some people seem receptive... until they find out it's you that you're talking about... just don't get blind-sided if the reaction is horribly less than optimal...

Having said that... though it's new to you... it's not the end of the world, and it does get much better too!

Your mom may have already guessed, in your conversations about this, or before... that it's you you're talking about... sometimes, you're the last to know

My best to you! We'll gladly hear how well it went, and help you through the difficulties too!

With care,
    -Marka
    Oh, I doubt it will be a problem. When my aunt came out as a lesbian in the 1980s, nobody in my family freaked out about this; they still loved her deeply and let her go on.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.