View RSS Feed

KierooTheCub

God damn it keith!

Rate this Entry
3 nights ago, my best friend(let's call him Keith), Keith, finally revealed his secret to me. Which was something that I never had expected.. God damn it.. That was the night cried myself to sleep too.. Literally. Although I've only known Keith for 3 years coming to the 4th, we're close, and all this while, I never knew he has been harboring that secret.. I never would have expected Keith to have cancer, he have CML.

I'm lucky he told me via text. Or he would be seeing me in tears. Just imagine a very close friend that you share everything with suddenly just disappears from Earth. I don't think I am able to take it well.

Some one tell me what to do. I'm really not ready to lose a friend like this. I know he is undergoing treatment but.. What if? What if one day.. I guess he was right about not telling his secret, even if we know we can't help but to only support him mentally..
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know this can be hard. And I know this doesn't help.. it doesn't help for me to just say "you have to be strong" but.. it's like.. what there is. You just have to be strong, not just for you but for them. You have to have hope and help them fight with that strength.

I know firsthand this kind of situation though. I'm very sorry. I wish I could say more.
    DrunkBearCub,

It ain't over yet... hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and plan for the best... be strong for him and yourself... add to his hope too...

Talk with him, as you had before... you are both the same people... yes, there's a new and not insignificant complication to things... yet, everything else is otherwise as it was before... None of us gets out of this (life) alive... and, we really don't know when any of our final-moments will be...

Whether this is or isn't going to be what does him in in the near-future, or later... will you spend this time fretting and crying? I'm not saying just go walk it off, or pull yourself together man... besides, you'll have time to sob later... I know I did... reconciling such dramatic differences from yesterday to today, does put the fear of tomorrow to us...no doubt!

Put your energies from love, into optimism, appreciation, and solidarity... step up to this challenge, to face the fear... for you... for your friend, and for others around you...

You have us with you in this difficult time!
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Arietta
    I know this can be hard. And I know this doesn't help.. it doesn't help for me to just say "you have to be strong" but.. it's like.. what there is. You just have to be strong, not just for you but for them. You have to have hope and help them fight with that strength.

I know firsthand this kind of situation though. I'm very sorry. I wish I could say more.
    Thank you Arietta. Yup, I'm hoping for the best for him. I know that there's no cure for leukemia but I hope it remains dormant and he can live normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    DrunkBearCub,

It ain't over yet... hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and plan for the best... be strong for him and yourself... add to his hope too...

Talk with him, as you had before... you are both the same people... yes, there's a new and not insignificant complication to things... yet, everything else is otherwise as it was before... None of us gets out of this (life) alive... and, we really don't know when any of our final-moments will be...

Whether this is or isn't going to be what does him in in the near-future, or later... will you spend this time fretting and crying? I'm not saying just go walk it off, or pull yourself together man... besides, you'll have time to sob later... I know I did... reconciling such dramatic differences from yesterday to today, does put the fear of tomorrow to us...no doubt!

Put your energies from love, into optimism, appreciation, and solidarity... step up to this challenge, to face the fear... for you... for your friend, and for others around you...

You have us with you in this difficult time!
    -Marka
    Thank you Marka, what you've said have encouraged me. I've decided to heed your advice. And look forward in meeting him, to cherish the moments. To do that, I'll leave to treat him normally too and try not to remind him that he is sick. Thank you for being here really appreciated Arietta and Marka.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.