View RSS Feed

Premetheus

My brother Andrew

Rate this Entry
Has asbergers or a certain form of autism. Hence me requesting to join the support group. I myself, am not autistic. I was born a healthy 9.1 pound baby boy. My brother Aaron was born normal as well. My brother Andrew? Well.... he WAS born normal. Allow me to explain, some idiot doctors decided it would be okay to put mercury in my brother Andrew's vaccinations. That was such an idiotic thing to do.... instead of suing an arrangement was made that he would be put on permenent disability and would get a bridge card. He is now 27 years of age. He seems to be somewhat less autistic than he used to be, but it is obvious that he's... different. He is highly intelligent and quite social but he doesn't always speak as loud as he thinks he does so sometimes he freaks out and yells. Living with an autistic brother can be embarassing, hard to explain, and something that is hard to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and wouldn't trade him for a normal one. It is just he gets on my nerves and can drive me crazy. All in all I made this post just to get this off my chest. I haven't ever really had a place to vent about it. Facebook is totally out and I'd prefer to keep this off FA. I hope there are others with similar stories and similar experiences because this is not fun to deal with alone.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Please actually look up the research on the vaccination theory of autism and note that it, and the doctor who served as principal researcher (interestingly, also named Andrew -- Dr. Andrew Wakefield), have been utterly discredited. The theory persists only because, as with all bad things, people want something to blame, and they won't give up on this alleged culprit until another one comes along. Continuing to blame vaccinations, however baselessly, is just too easy.

Of course, I don't mean to diminish the reality of your brother's autism. It's a trying thing. My wife regularly babysits a friend's very autistic son so that she (the friend) can take a break from all the therapy and related stresses. It's important, though, to keep our eyes on the prize and to realize that we haven't gotten it yet. There are a variety of genetic and other factors that seem connected to autism, but there is no coherent "cause." And vaccines are really nowhere in the credible science. It's good, I suppose, for your brother's sake, that he received some kind of settlement when he did. He would likely not be so lucky now, in light of the more recent studies, and in light of the fact that Dr. Wakefield is an admitted fraud.
    Updated 07-Nov-2014 at 01:57 by Cottontail
    Vaccines don't cause freaking Autism. How many times must it be debunked before people get it?
    ^ this... all of this..

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz
    Vaccines don't cause freaking Autism. How many times must it be debunked before people get it?
    Did you even read what I said? They put mercury in his vaccinations. Why? How the heck should I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    Please actually look up the research on the vaccination theory of autism and note that it, and the doctor who served as principal researcher (interestingly, also named Andrew -- Dr. Andrew Wakefield), have been utterly discredited. The theory persists only because, as with all bad things, people want something to blame, and they won't give up on this alleged culprit until another one comes along. Continuing to blame vaccinations, however baselessly, is just too easy.

Of course, I don't mean to diminish the reality of your brother's autism. It's a trying thing. My wife regularly babysits a friend's very autistic son so that she (the friend) can take a break from all the therapy and related stresses. It's important, though, to keep our eyes on the prize and to realize that we haven't gotten it yet. There are a variety of genetic and other factors that seem connected to autism, but there is no coherent "cause." And vaccines are really nowhere in the credible science. It's good, I suppose, for your brother's sake, that he received some kind of settlement when he did. He would likely not be so lucky now, in light of the more recent studies, and in light of the fact that Dr. Wakefield is an admitted fraud.
    I again state the fact they poisoned him with mercury. I DO NOT blame the vaccinations. I blame the doctors who thought it was somehow a good idea. We should have sued them but a deal was arranged in something a long time ago. He was placed on permenent disability because of the ordeal.
    I like Cottontail have had to help care for a family member with autism. It can be frustrating at times. I don't have as close as of a family member like a brother, so I can't fully understand what you're going through.

Please don't take our comments as personal attacks on yourself. We are criticizing an idea that you have about autism and vaccines. An idea that has been shown time and time again to be false. The only report that ever showed a link, was a falsified report that Cottontail mentioned. That doctor has since been sued, and found guilty of fraud and abuse. He's also no longer a doctor for what he did.

But I do encourage you to research the evidence as Cottontail suggests. There is no link between vaccines and autism. There is no elemental mercury in vaccines either. The horror story lists that you see people speak about when talking about vaccines, are either lies or an exaggeration of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew
    I like Cottontail have had to help care for a family member with autism. It can be frustrating at times. I don't have as close as of a family member like a brother, so I can't fully understand what you're going through.

Please don't take our comments as personal attacks on yourself. We are criticizing an idea that you have about autism and vaccines. An idea that has been shown time and time again to be false. The only report that ever showed a link, was a falsified report that Cottontail mentioned. That doctor has since been sued, and found guilty of fraud and abuse. He's also no longer a doctor for what he did.

But I do encourage you to research the evidence as Cottontail suggests. There is no link between vaccines and autism. There is no elemental mercury in vaccines either. The horror story lists that you see people speak about when talking about vaccines, are either lies or an exaggeration of the truth.
    Everyone is missing the point.... I'm talking about something that went to court and was proved. The medical company that held the records 'lost them' and won the case because they had more money than the 1,000 other aproximently affected families. On a regular checkup, it was discovered they had found Mercury in his blood after a routine vaccination. I apologise for taking what some of you said as personal attacks, I'm a senstive person. But what you guys missed.... is that I was not making up a story, due to the vaccinations poisoned with mercury, he was believed to have asbergers. The mercury went straight to his brain and did a lot of damage.
    Premetheus, it sounds like what you are saying is that this was some one-off incident, unconnected with the larger (and now totally discredited) belief that thiomersal, a mercury-based preservative found in some vaccines, leads to autism? As in, a syringe was contaminated with actual mercury? It's important to clarify, because nearly all references to "mercury in vaccines" are actually references to thiomersal, which recent studies have failed to connect to autism. That's where all this skepticism comes from.

Being somewhat close to autism (though not as close as you), my wife and I have felt compelled to do a lot of reading on the topic of alleged autism causes. The vaccine ( = thiomersal = "mercury") thing is widely debunked, and I have yet to hear of a documented case of vaccine-related mercury leading to autism.

Not saying it didn't happen, just trying to explain that, in the shadow of all the thiomersal bogusness, it's just very difficult to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus
    Everyone is missing the point.... I'm talking about something that went to court and was proved. The medical company that held the records 'lost them' and won the case because they had more money than the 1,000 other aproximently affected families. On a regular checkup, it was discovered they had found Mercury in his blood after a routine vaccination. I apologise for taking what some of you said as personal attacks, I'm a senstive person. But what you guys missed.... is that I was not making up a story, due to the vaccinations poisoned with mercury, he was believed to have asbergers. The mercury went straight to his brain and did a lot of damage.
    Premetheus,

I'm not sure that I'm clear either, but are you saying that they separately put mercury into him? I know that there is a similar controversy regarding the fact around mercury amalgam dental fillings too... perhaps further confusing may be the colloidal silver issues...?

However, if your not indicating that the vaccines themselves are the issue, then it would lead us to consider whether there would/could be another medical introduction of mercury into one's body... and what would this be?

I for one have not heard anything of the sort... only the vaccines containing mercury (Thimerosal) scare... Though the CDC, does suggest it's been removed from many vaccines as a precaution...

*Also, I don't know why it's not working correctly... but, if you delete the semicolon ; the bt, and remaining numbers from the opening quote tag... it should produce the intended quote bubble... to make things a bit easier to see the quotes.*

I am sympathetic to your frustrations too... Asperger syndrome, appears to be difficult to tend to at times.

Hopefully, you got the venting that you were looking for... feel free to elaborate on any details of this case, that you know...

My best to you,
    -Marka

Premetheus, it sounds like what you are saying is that this was some one-off incident, unconnected with the larger (and now totally discredited) belief that thiomersal, a mercury-based preservative found in some vaccines, leads to autism? As in, a syringe was contaminated with actual mercury? It's important to clarify, because nearly all references to "mercury in vaccines" are actually references to thiomersal, which recent studies have failed to connect to autism. That's where all this skepticism comes from.

Being somewhat close to autism (though not as close as you), my wife and I have felt compelled to do a lot of reading on the topic of alleged autism causes. The vaccine ( = thiomersal = "mercury") thing is widely debunked, and I have yet to hear of a documented case of vaccine-related mercury leading to autism.

Not saying it didn't happen, just trying to explain that, in the shadow of all the thiomersal bogusness, it's just very difficult to believe.
    Sigh.... I give up trying to explain something that clearly no one even believes.... this world is full of too many skeptics. I don't believe anyone here quite understands what happened even though I gave the exact details of what happened. It wasn't contaminated. The mercury was in with the vaccine. As I tried to explain. But because no one cares to believe me I'm going to just stop trying. The world is full of bad people.... but here's one crucial detail. My brother was born in 1987. Which if anyone bothered to look up, is when mercury was used in vacciations. But as for this post? I'm too upset to care. You can say all you want about this entire thread, but I'm over it. I can't handle most misunderstandings, especially if I was as clear as possible. Cheers.

Sigh.... I give up trying to explain something that clearly no one even believes.... this world is full of too many skeptics. I don't believe anyone here quite understands what happened even though I gave the exact details of what happened. It wasn't contaminated. The mercury was in with the vaccine. As I tried to explain. But because no one cares to believe me I'm going to just stop trying. The world is full of bad people.... but here's one crucial detail. My brother was born in 1987. Which if anyone bothered to look up, is when mercury was used in vacciations. But as for this post? I'm too upset to care. You can say all you want about this entire thread, but I'm over it. I can't handle most misunderstandings, especially if I was as clear as possible. Cheers.
    It's not anything against you Premetheus, and it's not an issue of believing you... it's an issue that we aren't understanding the information that you gave... enough to help us learn more... You are saying now more-so... that the mercury was in the vaccines... do you know which vaccines... so we can look it up?

All we know about is the mercury amounts associated with Thimerosal controversy... which is supposed to have been proven... not harmful, which doesn't mean that we don't believe you... we don't understand the circumstances.

Can you give us class action suit references... we could look that up... what company, and what product was involved in the suit??

I'm again sorry, that this is distressing you more...

-Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    It's not anything against you Premetheus, and it's not an issue of believing you... it's an issue that we aren't understanding the information that you gave... enough to help us learn more... You are saying now more-so... that the mercury was in the vaccines... do you know which vaccines... so we can look it up?

All we know about is the mercury amounts associated with Thimerosal controversy... which is supposed to have been proven... not harmful, which doesn't mean that we don't believe you... we don't understand the circumstances.

Can you give us class action suit references... we could look that up... what company, and what product was in volved in the suit??

I'm again sorry, that this is distressing you more...

-Marka
    The case failed to go through. Do you honestly think they'd give it any news? The company probably payed people to keep it quiet. I am very frustrated that you all seem to think I am not giving enough details. What do you want? A blood and urine sample from my brother? Perhaps a brain sample would be definitive enough for you. I just..... I want to cry but I'm too angry to, I don't even want to make this reply.
    This post was clearly a mistake.

My brother was born in 1987. Which if anyone bothered to look up, is when mercury was used in vacciations.
    No. You're talking about thiomersal, used from 1930-ish to 1999. That is precisely the compound shown to have no connection with autism. Straight-up mercury was never an ingredient in vaccines. Look it up!

Please excuse the debate. To reiterate: I hope you can understand how, given the preponderance of evidence against the link you describe, there would be a reluctance to believe it. We have quite a few folks here on ADISC who claim to be on the spectrum, so discussion of autism is common here, and the topic of vaccines and autism has come up a number of times. It tends to get people pretty fired up, because of the fierceness with which believers of a link deny the evidence of many recent studies in favor of one conducted in the late 90's by an admitted liar.

No. You're talking about thiomersal, used from 1930-ish to 1999. That is precisely the compound shown to have no connection with autism. Straight-up mercury was never an ingredient in vaccines. Look it up!

Please excuse the debate. To reiterate: I hope you can understand how, given the preponderance of evidence against the link you describe, there would be a reluctance to believe it. We have quite a few folks here on ADISC who claim to be on the spectrum, so discussion of autism is common here, and the topic of vaccines and autism has come up a number of times. It tends to get people pretty fired up, because of the fierceness with which believers of a link deny the evidence of many recent studies in favor of one conducted in the late 90's by an admitted liar.
    They. Found. Mercury. In. His. Vaccinations. The files were destroyed by the company. That is why there is no proof. You honestly believe they'd keep incriminating evidence? No. You don't seem to understand, my brother was at one point put in a mental hospital. Upon a routine blood test, they found actual mercury NOT Thiomersal. M-e-r-c--u-r-y. Unless you were directly involved, you cannot speak for what occured.
    If there is anything more offensive than being cheated on, it is being called a liar when you're telling the truth due to 'lack of proof' or 'lack of details'. Nobody said it directly but 'reluctant to believe' and talk of skepticism doesn't exactly call me an honest person. You don't know me at all. Which is why I understand your lack of trust. I wouldn't trust me either if I was in someone else's position. But the tendency to lie just doesn't even come close to who I am. I am an honest man working hard to do my best in life. All I have ever wanted is to help others, speak the truth, and be happy. I realise now that, that is nothing more than ideal fallacy created by my mind hoping the world isn't as bad as it seems. I'm a realist and an idealist. They often conflict and cause issues such as not seeing what could be missing, being overly postive, or being overly negative without seeing either being an issue. While I know not everything you read on the internet is true, I want you to know that this is the truth. My family has experience first hand with megacoperations 'making things go away' and 'doing what they want'. I guess few have had that experience. Andrew was born a healthy normal baby boy. Now he is 27, still lives here at home, doesn't always properly bathe, and thinks in an odd manner. However he is an intelligent man. I just hope that someone actually says the words, "Hey, I believe you. I am not going to be a skeptic. I have seen this happen before." but since such a person does not exist, I'll keep dreaming. Part of me regrets making the post. But you know what? I haven't vented this much in a long time. So for that? Thanks. I do hope no one honestly took offence to what was said. I did what I could to remain calm then I just lost it. So for those that care, I appreciate your comments. I just don't think I'll be talking about Andrew in the blog area anymore. It is obviously a touchy subject full of bad past experinces. Good luck with understanding what I've said since apparently I don't make sense. I know no one said that, but it feels that way. Anyway... I hope I can just let this go because truthfully? It hurts still.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.