View RSS Feed

New Diapers to Review!

Rate this Entry
My package from NorthShore got here today, so reviews are incoming, but first, a quick overview of 5 types of diapers (which will get full reviews): Molicare Soft Super, Wellness Superio, and NorthShore's 3 new varieties (Youth, AirSupreme, Supreme).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	1005 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	22176

All diapers are size small/medium.

First up, a picture of all 5 packs sitting next to each other.

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	1477 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	22177

From left to right: Molicare Soft Super (Small, 30 pack), NorthShore AirSupreme (Small, 20 pack), Wellness Superio (Medium, 18 pack), NorthShore Premium Youth (12 pack), NorthShore Supreme (Medium, 15 pack).

Now, on to each diaper.

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	1180 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	22178

These are the MoliCare Soft Super, small size (not the MoliCare Comfort Super). They are cloth backed and allegedly are more absorbant than the MoliCare Super Plus and hold almost as much as an Abena M4 according to NorthShore. I'm not sure if I believe that, as these are by far the thinnest diapers I've ever used (aside from Goodnites/baby diapers, of course). I would imagine that these are going to swell up quite a bit.

Name:	photo 7.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	22179

These are the Wellness Superios, medium size. They are the fabled "astronaut diapers" and seem to be plastic backed. These are obviously targeted at older people. These seem to have the lowest advertised absorbancy except for the NorthShore Youth, which I expect to have a lower absorbancy since they're targeted at younger people. They do advertise 8 hours between changes on the package, though I highly doubt that.

Name:	photo 8.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	22180

These are the NorthShore Premium Youth Briefs. These are cloth backed. They supposedly fit an enormous size range of 18-33 inches, but by my personal experience I'd estimate that anyone 26 inches or above is going to have trouble fitting into them since the single tape is small and low. On both of these in my sample pack, the tapes broke, so I'm a bit worried about wearing these outside. I'd say that these would probably be my preferred diaper for running around and going out for a short time if the tape was stronger and just an inch or two higher up, although I'd worry that they'd be loose around the legs then.

Name:	photo 6.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	22181

These are the NorthShore Supremes, medium size. These are plastic backed. NorthShore unfortunately doesn't offer these in a small, so I had to go a size up. When I tested my sample pack of these, I really liked them aside from the stiffness. These actually felt stiffer than the samples, but after I pulled some out of the package, they actually felt less stiff. I guess I'll just have to give them a try to find out.

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	22182

These are the NorthShore AirSupremes, small size. The main difference between these and the Supremes is that these are cloth backed and come in more sizes. The two smallest sizes actually come in packs of 20 rather than 15. These seem like they will fit way better than the medium size Supremes. I'm excited to give these a go after my good experience with the Supremes. These notably do not at all feel stiff compared to the Supremes, so it may just be an issue with the Supremes that doesn't affect the AirSupremes.

That's it for now! I'll be posting reviews probably every couple of days. In the meantime, all of these are available at NorthShore. Some of them may be available at other places, but I think NorthShore is probably the cheapest.

Full disclosure: I received these diapers for free for the purposes of review. There were no obligations aside from posting a public review - I am not obligated to promote NorthShore or their diapers or lie about their quality. I endeavor to give thorough and honest reviews regardless of how I obtained the product that I'm reviewing.

I'm very curious about the cloth backed Molicare's, the Super Plus diaper is a personal favorite of mine, and I'm curious if the cloth backed Super Soft's are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz
    I'm very curious about the cloth backed Molicare's, the Super Plus diaper is a personal favorite of mine, and I'm curious if the cloth backed Super Soft's are any good.
    Just put a MoliCare Soft Super on. My first thought is "OH MY GOD I LOVE IT." It's super soft, thin, tapes securely, fits perfectly, and is really easy to move around in aside from a bit of extra padding in the back (suggesting that these might be good diapers for messing). Plus they're reasonably inexpensive. Not sure about capacity but we will see soon enough. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.