View RSS Feed

Diaper Reviews

Rate this Entry
Iíve been thinking about how to best go about reviewing diapers and I think I finally have a solution, so here goes.

Reviews will generally follow the ADISC system for reviews, which can be found at this link.

Every review I write will begin with this image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_inline_nds9v61c4f1sfcp8r.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	22160

Absorbancy: This will be the measure in mL of how much the diaper absorbs before it leaks (see the ADISC system for how it will be measured).

Leakguards: A simple ďyesĒ or ďnoĒ (or, if it has some other system, a short description of that system).

Backing: Plastic or cloth-like - simple unless it has something special.

Tapes: A numeric rating (1 to 5) of how good the tapes are, as well as if they are refastenable or not. 1 means the tapes donít stick almost at all; 5 means they stick extremely well.

Discreteness: A numeric rating (1 to 5) of how discrete the diaper is. 1 means people will notice for sure if youíre wearing it; 5 means that itís silent and impossible to see.

Waddle: A numeric rating (1 to 5) of how much the diaper impedes your walking. 1 means you can barely walk with the diaper on; 5 means you may as well be wearing ďnormalĒ underwear.

Squishiness: A numeric rating (1 to 5) of how squishy the diaper gets when wet. 1 means the diaper stays firm no matter what; 5 is baby diapers (all SAP and no other padding).

Swelling: A representation of how much the diaper swells when wet. This will be expressed as a number of times (2x, 3.3x, etc.) the original thickness of the diaper when itís at saturation (when it fails the leak test described on ADISC).

After this image, a diaper review in ADISC-style will follow. Iíll talk at the end about each of these categories in direct detail. I will not be assigning a numeric rating to each diaper, since I donít believe it is a good way of reviewing diapers. I will, however, describe the strengths and weaknesses of each as well as situations where you might want or not want to be wearing this diaper.

Iíll provide a link to where the diapers can be purchased as well as per-diaper pricing information at the end of the review.

Also, I'm going to be posting all of these reviews both here and on my new Tumblr, which can be found at if you're interested.

Updated 21-Oct-2014 at 08:14 by KatelynG

Tags: diaper, review

Awesome Katelyn, can't wait to see more diaper reviews - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.