View RSS Feed

KatelynG

NorthShore Supremes and Youth Briefs: Initial Impressions

Rate this Entry
Got my sample pack in today and figured I'd post about the new NorthShore stuff before I wore it. I got a sample of the NorthShore Supremes, size Medium, and the NorthShore Youth diapers.

Before every review I write, I'll note my size. I am 5'5" with about a 28" waist and only slightly larger hips (I have virtually no butt/hips). Medium size adult diapers tend to be too large for me, but almost nobody offers a small size.

First up: the NorthShore Youth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	22147

I'll start with a size comparison. Next to Goodnites, these seem to be quite a bit larger, but still likely to fit. They are plain white inside and out and definitely cloth-like-backed.

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	22148

Aside from the usual cloth-like scratchiness, these are extremely soft on the inside. Unfortunately, as you can see, they have no leak guards. The padding does extend all the way up the front and back. These diapers are single-taped with reusable tapes. I expect these to actually fit me.

Now, onto the Supremes.

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	22149

They seem to be very similar in size to the Medium Teddies, although slightly smaller. They have two (also reusable) tapes. The plastic they are covered in is very soft and smooth to the touch. They have "NORTHSHORE SUPREME M" written along the yellow wetness indicator.

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	22150

These do in fact have leak guards! The padding seems to be slightly less wide in the back than the Teddies, but that part of the padding never gets use anyways. They seem about as soft as the Youth diapers to the touch. Unfortunately, these diapers seem to be a bit stiff, making me wonder if the criticism of their stiffness in the thread was justified. Hopefully it's just a manufacturing error or something that will clear up after the "activation" folding.

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	959 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	22151

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the diapers to lay perfectly flat, but you can clearly see that the Supremes and Teddies are similarly sized while the Youth diapers are significantly smaller. The Supremes are a bit smaller than the Teddies, though, so maybe they will somehow fit. The Youth diapers seem like the most likely to fit me well.

I'll be testing out one of the Supremes tonight. I'll be posting again once I do so with a better review. Hopefully it will fit decently and perform well. I'll be wearing it to bed as well as a bit earlier and after I wake up, assuming there are no issues with it.

If I had a few extra diapers, I'd definitely do a full "ADISC-style" review, but I don't have the money at the moment to buy diapers for the purpose of reviewing so I'm just going to be using these recreationally and posting based on my experiences. Hopefully it will be informative enough for people to be able to decide if they want to try these themselves.

Comments

Forgot to mention: these do have the subtle but not-so-nice "new diaper" smell common to non-perfumed diapers. Don't think it's anything relating to NorthShore; it's just the "natural" smell of diapers but baby diapers mask it with other smells. I'm debating buying a bottle of that "Diaper Fresh" scent to use in diapers at some point to counteract it cuz it bothers me for some reason.
    How did the tapes hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz
    How did the tapes hold up?
    I haven't worn them yet, but the tapes seem decently sturdy just based on how they stick to the diaper before putting them on.
    Also, I lied - the NorthShore Supreme tapes don't seem to be reusable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG
    Also, I lied - the NorthShore Supreme tapes don't seem to be reusable at all.
    Ah well that is most unfortunate but to be expected, I don't know of many brands that have refastenable tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz
    Ah well that is most unfortunate but to be expected, I don't know of many brands that have refastenable tapes.
    The Youth ones are for sure refastenable and I'm pretty sure the AirSupremes would also be refastenable. Plastic backing doesn't lend itself to reusable tapes, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG
    The Youth ones are for sure refastenable and I'm pretty sure the AirSupremes would also be refastenable. Plastic backing doesn't lend itself to reusable tapes, unfortunately.
    The tapes on the Supremes are a two-part tape so they are refastenable. This is the most common style of tape for plastic briefs. If you need to open the diaper and refasten, then the blue part stays on the brief and acts as a landing zone. You only remove the white part of the tape and then can refasten it back on the blue part...probably a couple times before it loses stickiness.

If you want to change the location of the tape, you can refasten the white part to another area but it won't stick as well as if you refaten on top of the existing blue landing zone. I'm trying to find a video of how this works. If I can't find it, we'll work on making one.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.