View RSS Feed

Cottontail

I'm a vampire now.

Rate this Entry
So, my son and I decide to take a quick trip up to our cabin to drop off some things, and on the way in the door I glance up and spot a bat. Stupidly, I grabbed a broom and went to shoo it away. Well! There were at least half a dozen bats, and they went everywhere. One of them attached itself to my hip, and as I impulsively swept it off with my hand, I got scratched.

Sooooo...

What was to be a fun evening with the boy turned into a three hour trip to the ER, two rabies shots, and the promise of three more shots over the next two weeks. WOOT! In the meantime, I suppose I should refrain from biting anybody? :-/
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I will sue if you bite me! Nah I hope your doing ok.
    If you sparkle in sunlight, there will be trouble.

But hope you feel better and the shots aren't too bad.
    Did you have the bat to have it tested for rabies?

If not the shot sequence that they have now is much better then the stuff they did 50 years ago.

Good luck.
    Does garlic bother you all of a sudden?
    isn't it nice out here on the NW coast...
    the wolves serenade the moon at night, bears pooh in your yard, the ticks come in all sizes & are every where, everyone owns an old pick-up truck, and the local ace-hardware sells a full selection john-dear farm toys for the kids right across the aisle from the 22-LR & 12-ga shells.....
    Oh, and probably best of all, the *Muzak* at the SafeWay only plays Country!

i am soooo very happy i got the bloody hell out of Seattle.
    your not having second thoughts are you, Cotton-T?
    Heheh. Thanks everybody.

To egor: So, yeah, behold my genius. When I brushed the bat off of me, it flew into the house and sought refuge in a pile of magazines next to the kitchen table. I caught it with a butterfly net, then put the net face-down on the front doorstep while I called my doctor. Of course, when I went back to check on it, the little Houdini had wriggled its way out and flown away. D'oh! So I get all the shots.
    Actually if it's a bat bite you'll just have to avoid drinking werewolf blood and you'll be fine.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.