View RSS Feed

Starrunner

Thoughts on life and death

Rate this Entry
I started a post last week about surviving an assault, reflecting on the experience ten years afterwards. I started it because of the anxiety I was feeling last weekend due to the big '1-0' anniversary of the incident. It brought back a lot of painful memories but it also reminded me of the fact that I was lucky to have survived and that every day is a gift.

Yesterday, I ran a twelve mile distance, preparing for the Canada Army Run on September 21st. It felt great, and then I went to work. Life is all about moving forward.

Then I received a call from a friend who has Cystic Fibrosis. He's been suffering from a lung infection for the past month and had to take time off work while hooked up to an intravenous system at home. Yesterday, he got a call from the hospital saying his numbers were down and he was admitted to the hospital for the next two weeks. If his numbers don't improve significantly, they will have to consider a lung transplant.

New marching orders. It's time to get over dwelling on my experience where I nearly lost my life and focus on the present, and help a friend in the here and now who is terrified, even though he's trying not to show it. I just wish there was more I could do than just be supportive.

This week has just been such powerful reminder of appreciating the time we are here and the impact we make on each other.
Embrace each moment.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.