View RSS Feed

neocarbunkle

I made it to China

Rate this Entry
Greetings from beyond the great fire wall. I made it to China and things have been interesting. China is a very unique place. Lots of new things to see everyday.

I work for a huge university (I had no idea when I had the interview how big it actually was) and everything about the job seems wonderful. My new apartment is dirty, but big.

My wife did not come with me, but I still haven't officially ended the marriage. I'm working on it, I am being very frank about my feelings, but besides her being upset for a few moments nothing is happening. But I know it's just kind of a rip the band aid off kind of thing...

So I got some freaking amazing diapers! They are called elderjoy, and they are white and plastic. The diapers I had been using in Japan were paper and that boring medical light green color. These diapers feel wonderful, don't leak, are super cute and do that amazing crinkle sound. I swear I am in heaven with these things.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations. I remember some of your previous blog posts about your marriage. I hope this next chapter in your life will be all happy and exciting.

Trying to live in China (just for a few months) has long been on my list of things to do (so far the circumstances have never been right and I've only spent a few weeks in Hong Kong, which of course is not the real China). Can you speak any Chinese?

I've read somewhere (don't remember the source(s)) that it is quite common in China that when people travel, especially for the big holidays (from the coastal cities back to the countryside to visit their families), they wear diapers to avoid having to search and queue for the toilets at stations and on trains (because there are loads of people everywhere). I'm not sure about the extent of this or whether it's true at all; perhaps you will have a chance to find out and report to ADISC.

In any case, enjoy China and please keep blogging.
    Ditto on Avalanche's thoughts. I admire the size of testicles required to make this sort of leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche
    Congratulations. I remember some of your previous blog posts about your marriage. I hope this next chapter in your life will be all happy and exciting.

Trying to live in China (just for a few months) has long been on my list of things to do (so far the circumstances have never been right and I've only spent a few weeks in Hong Kong, which of course is not the real China). Can you speak any Chinese?

I've read somewhere (don't remember the source(s)) that it is quite common in China that when people travel, especially for the big holidays (from the coastal cities back to the countryside to visit their families), they wear diapers to avoid having to search and queue for the toilets at stations and on trains (because there are loads of people everywhere). I'm not sure about the extent of this or whether it's true at all; perhaps you will have a chance to find out and report to ADISC.

In any case, enjoy China and please keep blogging.
    Please excuse the lateness of this reply.

I am sort of on a quest to find answers to questions like that. My Chinese is not that good, but I have tried to search the internet to find the Chinese equivalent of a site like this, and so for not much luck. Disposable diapers are kind of a new thing in China and are still expensive for most people so a lot of people grew up without the diaper experience. As far as to avoid toilets, I'm not sure, but the public toilets are so horrendous, I think anyone would be happy to use a diaper instead.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.