View RSS Feed

SnowBlitz

What a day.....

Rate this Entry
For starters, I've just got my power back after a 13 hour black out.

13 hours in insanely hot weather that freaking made the inside of my house a sauna.

The cause of the blackout? One of the large towers that carries power to the North Island, exploded. Causing the entire grid of my area to be offline. It took 5 hours to find the problem, then a good 8 hours for them to fix the problem.

Normally I don't mind being without power but today was just awful because of the heat!
Tags: power outage
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Pfft, heat. It was 87 (30.5 C) Degrees here today! With ac it was still 79-80 (26 ish C) in here all day! SILLY CANADIANS! :P
    Wussies. I don't have AC. Never had it, don't want it. The body adapts to heat pretty well if you let it.
    I can't stand the heat at all, makes me physically ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx
    Wussies. I don't have AC. Never had it, don't want it. The body adapts to heat pretty well if you let it.
    I don't have AC either. Normally I'm fine with the heat, but it was muggier than all hell yesterday. The inside of my house felt like a deep fryer on high.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.