View RSS Feed

FauxPas

New Bike!

Rate this Entry
Sold my 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and bought a 2013 CBR 500R ABS. I absolutely love this bike! Not to mention that one of the reasons I got it was because it is red and that just so happens to be my favorite color. It has a more upright seating position than the 250 had, makes it feel more like a cruiser than a sport bike, but makes it easier on longer rides. It is fuel injected unlike the 250, which living in Colorado is a blessing, because even on 60 degree days, my 250 would have issues starting.

A few people have been asking why I didn't go for a 600cc bike and I have 2 reasons. First and foremost insurance was friggin expensive on a super sport. I was looking at a 2007 GSXR 600 and according to insurance that bike in particular holds higher insurance rates....... The other reason is that I just don't need that kind of power under my ass. Not only do I not trust myself to be able to control my need for speed, but it would get me sooooo many speeding tickets down the line and that is the last thing I need on my record.

I purchased the bike with under 2k miles on it, fresh oil change, tires are still being broken in. The only thing I don't like about the bike is the difficulty to modify it and the cost of said mods as compared to the 250. For one the fender is ugly and I want it gone, but the only 2 kits are 150 each and one requires that you cut the frame, the other doesn't eliminate the fender as much as I would like. I also would love to get a tinted windscreen but have to remove almost all the fairings to get to it.

But hey, it's a beautiful bike and she is mine!

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice bike, I've always wanted a nice sportsbike, but at the moment just have my 27.5 Merida hardtail MTB. I know the modding feeling well, I had that bug bad when I bought my Forester. Does the EFI make any difference in driveability at Colorado altitude?

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi
    Nice bike, I've always wanted a nice sportsbike, but at the moment just have my 27.5 Merida hardtail MTB. I know the modding feeling well, I had that bug bad when I bought my Forester. Does the EFI make any difference in driveability at Colorado altitude?
    I haven't noticed a difference with altitude, but can't say since I have only ridden it here XD. It makes a huge difference not having a stupid carburetor though.
    The insurance is high because so many are doing dum stuff.
    Nice ride .
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.