View RSS Feed

Bad Day.

Rate this Entry
I was yelled at... violently. Violent actions were made near me. I don't want to get into it. I didn't do anything except be a new guy trying to learn and gain new skills.

So I am a little slow... this is the learning process.

..... bad... day.

Oh man I get that feel. I screwed up a job and my supervisor chewed me out today....for the same reason me being the new guy. Sorry you got yelled at though I just got the "your a damn disappointment" tone.

If you ever come to MI or me to Penn, Beers are on me...or root beer if you prefer

Don't let it get ya down buddy.
    Ugh. Sorry to hear it. I know the feeling as well. In my case, although I doubt most of those around me know it, I have very "thin skin," so to speak, and will leave work at least once or twice each month feeling emotionally gutted by... something. In hindsight, it usually turns out to have been no big deal, but I've never been able to take that experience and use it to make myself feel better in the moment. I always have to wait it out--distract myself and try to banish thoughts of work as much as possible.

The challenge I'm facing now is that I'm 6-8 months away from resigning (I've had this job for nearly 16 years), and so I'm starting to suffer from a lack of caring. I'm trying hard to care, as I like my coworkers and I want to leave on good terms, but... it's hard! And with the not caring has come an unsurprising increase in the number of these "I suck!" days. I'd really like to quit now, but as I'm going to be relocating, that would mean taking a temporary job to maintain cash flow. No thanks!

It probably doesn't help that I'm also trying to sell my house, entertain half my wife's family, and a few other things. I need the clock subweapon from Castlevania.

Anyway, I hope you have a better tomorrow. I sort of suspect that, as this is your new job, you are extra-super-overly concerned about making a positive impression, and so you're probably beating yourself up too much. It's something I'd do for sure, anyway, even though I could truthfully tell myself that it's almost never really as bad as I think it is.
    I have heard about your problems BabyMitchy. I will help you when I can if that's possible. Please feel free to PM if you want because I think I can help. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.