View RSS Feed

Adventure the 1st

Rate this Entry
I followed a peculiar stream today, and it led to a ravine where the rains of the past week came to condense. In it was an ecosystem. I saw tadpoles, too numerous to count, skimming beneath the murky surface, and heard all around the deafening hiss of summertime insects. The trees overhead had completely masked the sun, save for scattered pools of light that made me feel, as I walked, as though I were descending into a fairy tale.

Being outdoors has always helped clear my mind. I am fortunate to live near an arboretum (which is a large, protected, forested place), and I'm not sure what I would do without it, to be honest. I woke with such nervous energy this morning that it took two hours out walking before I felt ready to face the day. I worry I might be on the edge of another depressive spell, and I will be taking very good care of myself for the next little while, to be safe.

I spent a lot of this afternoon reading old, closed topics here on the ADISC forum. Almost every subject I could think to talk about, someone has already discussed, ad nauseam. I feel badly about lurking without contribution. It's just that I don't have much to say. I am not very outgoing in ordinary life; it's something I have to work at. I hope that by journaling here when I can, I will at least seem less creepy and won't get mistaken for a bot. Here's hoping. :clapping:

I love moments like that. I'm fortunate to have a couple such places within easy walking distance. Not huge state/national parks or anything, just small county and park district places that are well and thoughtfully maintained as ecosystems. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.