View RSS Feed

That's it..... ...... I QUIT!

Rate this Entry
I quit my job.

Oh, it's been building up for some time now. I am worth so much more than I am paid.

I've had a plethra of jobs over the years. I normally hold down a job for 2 - 3 years. I've done production, warehouse, sales analyst, and tons more.

So, I got a new job within a week. I mean, I am the fastest person I know when it comes to getting a new job. I usually work a job for 2-3 years and then move on once I realize I've had enough and I am not getting what I need.

I went from 8.60 an hour to 13.00 an hour.

This week has been terrible. This new job is a real challenge for me. It's very tough. I am working 10 hour days which isn't that big of a problem because the schedule is:

6 am to 4:30 pm 10 hours a day 4 days a week. Monday - Thursday.

Then I get Friday, Saturday, Sunday off.

Problem is.... I had to mandatory overtime today. So I've worked all 5 days for 10 hours and no chance to work on a video.... which Is what I really want to do.

Even typing this blog out has me feeling exhausted.

Man, that sucks. I have done the same thing in the past and I lucked out with my current job so far. I have a point of view that puts things in perspective for me.

Employees sell their time to their employer. In turn, the employee does what the employer asks as long as it is within reason. The employer does not own the employee but just the time they paid for. If the employee puts in 100% and the employer pays for 100%, then all is fair and nobody owes anybody anything. If one party fails to meet the 100% mark, that is were the problem lies.

I feel like a lot of employers think that because they pay you, they own you. You have to do what they say 100% of the time. The only pay me for 40 hours a week and if I agree to work more, they pay me more but beyond that 40 hours is my call. If they want to control my life they better give me whatever I ask for for wages and believe me, they can't pay me enough.

But, its also the same for the employee. If you show up at work, you have to earn that money and that means working during your 8 hours and that extra time you agreed to work. If you are being paid, then you are suppose to do what the employer asks.

Maybe my point of view is wrong but its how I look at things. Its a 2 way street, but I hope things work out for you man!

PS-I'm not saying you are not working in anyway either, just stating both sides.
    think of it this way... OVERTIME= time and a half... in this case instead of $13/hr it would be $19.5/hr!! that is nealy 20$ per hour!! It might cut into ur free time, but think of it this way... More $$$ in the wallet... Personally I am job hunting after moving in with my dad for college... Been moved in for about 2 weeks and applied to at least 20 different places and each place I have applied multiple positions... Not a word back from any.
    Congratulations on getting a better job... and a better wage! - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.