View RSS Feed

Transmissions From Within A Cloud Of Absinthe

Hello, my name is Zedd, and I'm going to kill every last one of you.

Rate this Entry
Well, no, not really. This has more to do with decompression and getting rid of those feelings. Being fiercely independent and very introverted, I need to not be around people in order to properly decompress from the stress of work and life. Most weeks this happens without too many problems. This last week? No such luck. My job only gives me one day off at a time, and this week I spent that one day helping a relative move furniture. Very heavy solid oak furniture. Not a bad way to spend a day, I don't mind helping people, but it required me to be around people all day. Usually not too much of a problem to get around, I'm blessed with a strange circadian rhythm disorder that has my sleep wake cycle reversed. In laymans terms, I'm nocturnal. My body wants to be awake and active at night. This has been great for recharging until about 12 days ago. That was when my roommates began to stay up at night with me. Not cool bro. This was my time to be alone with myself. I need it to recharge and get rid of all the built up stress from the day. This last week my ability to deal with people has gone from the patience of Job, to wanting to kill my co-workers with a croquet mallet over the tiniest mistakes. Lucky for me I get to be alone all day tomorrow, so that should set me back to rights.

It may be time to implement some alternative decompression strategies... or tell your roomies to bugger-off for a bit... I do have to say though... in light of the (seeming) many 'postal' situations of recent and current times (news)... maybe save the words of rampage for a journal, or your yet to be published book...

Even with the disclaimers of sorts, and some self-assurances that you're not actually going to kill anyone... it's getting a bit spooky! I'd not otherwise wish to cut you off from a decompression measure.... but, perhaps we could find some better ways to illustrate your feelings of contempt and frustrations in your life... that doesn't headline death and destruction... perhaps??

I've been there. Sometimes, these situations have been prompted even by fun things where I just couldn't get a break. I find the intensity has reduced for the most part as I've gotten older but it still hits sometimes. I hope you got the downtime you needed and are back on a more even keel.
    When I get to that point, I go for a long hard run or ride. A 10 mile run at race level effort is usually enough. If the endorphins aren't enough, I'm exhausted enough that I just fall asleep.
    Spent the first half of the day sleeping, then a long bike ride, followed by a couple pints and a good movie. Mission accomplished. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.