View RSS Feed

The life of Snivy

Hate High School (HHS)

Rate this Entry
My high school year as a senior has been extremely awesome but by the time I wrap myself towards the end things turn to hell for me. I wanna get out so bad because I worked my ass off for 4 straight years and didn't get a single award just cheated out of so many. I almost killed myself over the hate at my school and pre-immature dumbasses. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings but all my friends, people I hated, even "special" people got their awards and I didn't get shit! I just don't want any kind of pain I want it all to go away whenever I receive my diploma to get out of school. Worse of all my own mother doesn't feel sorry all she cared about was "well you should of joined more clubs" WTF?!?!?! Whoever is reading please wish me luck as I try to bite my tongue throughout these last few weeks.....................
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

good luck, it's almost done! I didn't like high school either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox
    good luck, it's almost done! I didn't like high school either.
    Thanks.
    10 years from now, certainly, you won't remember any of this.
    Highschool just sorta sucks as a whole. Don't worry though, soon you'll be done forever so just stick with it and good luck
    Thanks everyone! You all are great!
    I was surprised when I learned that high schools in my area are now requiring students to be involved with one or more clubs, as well as requiring them to submit portfolios that include community service and other extracurricular things -- in order to graduate! I know that's not a universal thing, but damn. Occasionally I'll hear parents grumbling about it in Starbucks or elsewhere. It's a lot of work for them, too. What ever happened to just getting good grades?! My wife and both of my parents are teachers, and they all agree that it's gotten ridiculous.

Next month marks 20 years since my own high school graduation. My high school had nearly a thousand students, and there were ZERO clubs -- unless you counted band, theater, and sports. And there were no awards given at graduation to participants in those activities, only heartfelt farewells given in their respective venues. The only awards given, above and beyond the all-important diploma, were for graduating with honors, of which there were two levels. Basically, your academic standing determined the colors of your cords. That was it.

And that was plenty.

I tell my own kids: By an interesting person, be interested in things, and do your best. The rest should just fall out. But if it doesn't, fake it; the ends justify the means. Because, for better or for worse, school really is the ticket to a career, so you do just sort of have to "get 'er done."

Cheer up! It's almost over -- until you start college.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.