View RSS Feed

SnowBlitz

Therapy and Good Days #2

Rate this Entry
I've decided to write a blog updating everyone on my journey of dealing with my Mental Illness. I will write these blogs either the day I meet with my Therapist, or the day after

Yesterday morning was the second meeting with my Therapist Graham. I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression yesterday, and we'll be starting on I guess Cognitive Therapy, which is supposed to help me identify the triggers and help to deal with them when they occur. I talked about being a Brony and how it's a huge part of my identity, Graham was interested in that, he asked me about my participation in the community and stuff like that. I told him about my involvement in the fandom and such.

We discussed how Behavior influences Thought, and how Thought influences Emotion, and then how Emotion influences the others. It's essentially a vicious cycle in Depression, you start to think "I'm not good enough to do this." Or "I should have done this." Which leads you to guild trip yourself, you wind up feeling worn down and useless, and well we all know that's not good.

That's all for now!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Excellent, Nintendorox!

CBT, or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy... was key to my ascension from depression too...

It's essentially a vicious cycle in Depression, you start to think "I'm not good enough to do this." Or "I should have done this." Which leads you to guilt trip yourself, you wind up feeling worn down and useless, and well we all know that's not good.
    And many of us recall how that feels! (and probably many feel it now)...

I may have some different perspectives of thought and behavior... "Behavior influences Thought" ... yes, and I think that thought can influence behavior too... and Emotion (motive) is what drives actions from or too the thoughts...

But, yes... if you are what you believe... If your thoughts are that you're worthless, you'll tend to behave in a 'worthless' manner... and that tends to cause or be motivated by the emotion...that motivates you to be worthless... And finally, the self-fulfilling prophecy... that you are indeed worthless, and you've proven it... cements belief...

Keeping in mind, that I am NOT a professional!!

Depression is so often such a horrid and torturous imprisonment... I am eager to share and learn what I may to help more of these 'prison-breaks' of the self convicted...

-Marka
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.