View RSS Feed

caitianx

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#81

Rate this Entry
I can not be a baby all the time. In the last couple of hours, I have been communicating online with D(L)G, an Aspie friend of mine. Her husband, DG who is a decade younger than me and who is also on the Autism Spectrum ended up in one of the VA hospitals, due to memory loss and other physical issues. DG is my friend. He got "recruited" into the Army out of a Developmental Disability Group Home > 2 decades ago. He never saw combat, but they did "mess him up". I do know another guy on the Autism Spectrum, TH, who lives down in Tennessee, who got recruited out of a Developmental Disability Group Home into the Navy, and he also got messed-up too. 18+ year-olds who are on the Autism Spectrum should not be "recruited" into the Military, but it does happen.

Anyway, for me as an older "Adult Baby" with Autism and Cerebral Palsy, the "adult world" and its issues can not be "tuned out". Well, I need to go downstairs to play with some of my toy cars and trucks for a while.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry to hear about your friends. I hope it works out for them. Just curious if you can elaborate on what you mean by "messed up".
    My Autistic friend, DG, has a lot of emotional stability problems, related to being in the Army. My other Autistic friend, TH, got messed up when they pumped into him the vaccine for Anthrax, which darn-near killed him.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.