View RSS Feed

SnowBlitz

Infection -_-

Rate this Entry
Well I just spent the last almost 3 hours at the hospital being pumped full of anti-biotics. For what you may ask? Well I have a tooth that has basically gone abscess and needs to come out, so me being the stupid baby I am put it off for too long. I go in there and the nurse immediately says to me "You need bloodwork done now, we need to know if the infection is spreading" So my blood work came back and I guess the level of infection in my blood was dangerously high, so they pumped me full of some Penicillin then sent me home.

I have an emergency dental appointment later this week, wish this big baby luck because he's horrified of the Dentist.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry to hear that.

Good luck Justin.
    Hugs my was bad too not as bad .
    Good luck they had a hard time getting my tooth out it came apart pulling it out.
    When I had a rotten tooth pulled the worst part was the Novocaine injection. The actual pulling didn't hurt, I just felt pressure.
    Well, I'm glad you were seen before something really nasty happened! Good luck with the dentist. I wouldn't call myself "horrified" of the dentist, but I really dislike going, which has led to my going less often than I ought to. Honestly, probably my favorite dental-related appointment of all was my wisdom tooth extraction. No, I didn't enjoy getting an IV, but after that it was lights out! Woke up when it was all over, and the oxycodone kept me happy for a good while.

There is a growing trend toward "sedation dentistry," and I'm a big fan. Hopefully the prices come down soon as it becomes mainstream.
    Oh man, that sound horrible, I hope it goes well. I have pretty bad teeth as well, and I can't stand going to the dentist or doctors of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBaby
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Good luck Justin.
    Thank you very much Matt

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    When I had a rotten tooth pulled the worst part was the Novocaine injection. The actual pulling didn't hurt, I just felt pressure.
    That is very reassuring, thank you Kimba
    what Kimba said.
    i'm prone to bugs and my last bad infection, throughout the xmas period, affecting my leg and spreading to my tooth resulted in the tooth falling out by itself, HORRAY!!!
    tips, if you're interested: if it's going to be pulled anyway, keep it loosened (it'll probably be already loose, just not severed the connections) by sucking (which will help remove pus) and tongeing (but not so it hurts). keeping it loose, if it doesn't then fall out by itself, will also help if the tooth's well rotten by preventing it crumbling under the dentist's pliers (happened to me, once).
    i also drink lots of coffee as it helps keep the bodily system flushed and can therefore help in feeling better. bear in mind, though, that lots of flushing will also flush out the good things that you need, like vitamins and minerals, so keep well nutritioned. a quick nutrition boost is, ironically, humble breakfast cereal (with milk), as it's fortified with vitamins and minerals, despite the high sugar content.

Quote Originally Posted by ade
    what Kimba said.
    i'm prone to bugs and my last bad infection, throughout the xmas period, affecting my leg and spreading to my tooth resulted in the tooth falling out by itself, HORRAY!!!
    tips, if you're interested: if it's going to be pulled anyway, keep it loosened (it'll probably be already loose, just not severed the connections) by sucking (which will help remove pus) and tongeing (but not so it hurts). keeping it loose, if it doesn't then fall out by itself, will also help if the tooth's well rotten by preventing it crumbling under the dentist's pliers (happened to me, once).
    i also drink lots of coffee as it helps keep the bodily system flushed and can therefore help in feeling better. bear in mind, though, that lots of flushing will also flush out the good things that you need, like vitamins and minerals, so keep well nutritioned. a quick nutrition boost is, ironically, humble breakfast cereal (with milk), as it's fortified with vitamins and minerals, despite the high sugar content.
    Oh thank you for the awesome advice Ade
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.