View RSS Feed

SnowBlitz

"Friends" Or the people who pretend they are.

Rate this Entry
I've been going through a sort of fight with someone who I thought was my friend. We met on Skype last year and used to talk quite often. About 2 weeks a go now they messaged me on Skype saying hey. I didn't receive the message until the next day, only to find that they removed me as a contact. Over not saying hi. Then I find out that several of my close friends were also deleted from his contacts. As time went on these past few weeks I learned that:

One of my friends had talked about dating this person, but seeing as they live in the UK and not the US it wouldn't work. As time went on I noticed that this person would do things that struck me as... I'm not sure creepy? Like wanting their to be children in an Erotic Role Play (This immediately made me say "What the fuck that is not okay"). They constantly obsessed over a pony named Midnight Blossom and at one point they tried to tell me they 'Owned' this pony. To those who don't know, Midnight Blossom, is the Oirginal Character of an artist known as Equestrian-Prevails (May have spelled that wrong). Anyways as time went on he talked about buying the rights to her, which he did attempt to do. He was met with a very reasonable "No. Midnight Blossom is my creative property, therefore I will not allow you to 'purchase' her from me."

After that incident he began to become almost... Delusional? Many of his Skype personal message updates were along the lines of "Cuddling with my Midnight, her soft and sexy hooves will keep my dreams warm and pleasant."

I'm not really looking for sympathy or anything like that, I'm just so... Confused. I really genuinely thought this person was my friend and it sort of saddens me that I feel like I was used. I really feel like this person just used me for whatever purpose then hung me out to dry. And that saddens me greatly.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Try to understand that your friend is obviously going through his own issues and honestly probably needs to deal with those. His decision making ability is probably not be trusted right now.

I'm not sure that it will help, but I have friends that like to just delete me randomly or get upset over small things.. and they usually come back. I just tell them that I'm here for them when they need me, and never wanted to stop being their friend. I leave them with that, and if they come back they are worth the time. If not, friendship can be found in a lot of amazing places so don't let yourself feel too down. There are people who are ready and willing to genuinely care about you.

Big huggies!
    Nothing on the internet is as it seems.

Ever hear of Manti Te'o? How about the Nigerian Prince?

It used to be said that forums consisted mostly of balding 50 year old perverts, and bored law enforcement officers pretending to be 14 year old girls. That's changed somewhat with facebook making it all more mainstream, but still.

No offense meant to you or your friends, but unless and until you've met and interacted with them IRL, you don't really know for sure.
    I really don't agree with the above statement. That logic also was before we spent most of the time Skype chatting and video calling and all that. I don't agree with some sort of lame logic that somehow friends mean less if you don't share the same physical space.
    No, gigglemuffinz, that's not quite what I meant. Friends are friends. The problem is that there are lots of people and organisations out there in the virtual world who misrepresent themselves for a variety of reasons, including malice, greed, even a twistd form of fun. People do also do that in the physical world, of course, but its an order of magnitude more difficult to pull off.

Its also easier, in the virtual world, to turn people on and off quickly and thoughtlessly. Not so easy when the person lives down the street, next door, or even in your own house.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx
    Nothing on the internet is as it seems.

Ever hear of Manti Te'o? How about the Nigerian Prince?

It used to be said that forums consisted mostly of balding 50 year old perverts, and bored law enforcement officers pretending to be 14 year old girls. That's changed somewhat with facebook making it all more mainstream, but still.

No offense meant to you or your friends, but unless and until you've met and interacted with them IRL, you don't really know for sure.
    Please don't assume that my friends are 50 year old balding perverts. I've talked to them numerous times on Skype voice chat, and on webcam. That's the same as assuming that all people who enjoy wearing diapers are sexual deviant perverts.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.