View RSS Feed

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#76

Rate this Entry
Despite my wanting to be in "baby mode" most of the time, it is not "practical". Too much of my "adult responsibilities" keep interrupting. I had to attend this month's ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network) local Central New England Region Chapter Meeting at the Cambridge, MA Public Library this afternoon. Today's meeting was rather "rushed", and had been set-up "at the last minute" the "night before". The "Chairman" of our local organization chapter definitely was "disorganized" as to "execution" of today's meeting place and time. Travelling to/from today's "monthly" ASAN Meeting chewed up ~ 3 1/2 hours of time. There is no New Hampshire "Sub-Chapter" of ASAN, which would be closer, and would permit me to save on gasoline usage.

I should also note, is that I have "limited" options as to when and where I can attend the monthly AANE (Asperger's Association of New England) Board Games/Social Night. From Salem, New Hampshire, where I live, the nearest "locations" are at the Danver's, Massachusetts ARC Center or the AANE Headquarters in Watertown, Massachusetts. Here in New Hampshire, the AANE Board Games/Social Nights are either in Dover, New Hampshire, 90 minutes "one way" or out in Keene, New Hampshire here, which is 2 1/2 hours "one way". Therefore, I end-up having to drive almost 90 miles "round-trip", just to "socialize" face-to-face with other Asperger's Syndrome/Autism "adults". I do find this "problematic" as an "older" Autistic living on a low Social Security fixed-income.

"Facilitating" getting "isolated and alone" developmentally-disabled "adults" like myself "together with peers" is a "neglected" priority for my own town of Salem, New Hampshire's "local" Social Services "providers".

Here in this town where I live, I really am "isolated and alone".

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.