View RSS Feed

ilostthesheriff

Kiss me deadly

Rate this Entry
What's behind a kiss?

We are all familiar with the first kiss between Shakespear's Rmoeo and Juliet. This first kiss led to the death of both of them. Perhaps the passion behind the kiss exposed the hapless trandscendence beyond rational evaluation of dire circumstance.

Does a kiss open up for the first time the limits of our own boudaries or expose them? Can each kiss after take us farther down the path of destruction?

Can a simple kiss reveal the soul of your company? Does the nature behind the kiss reveal an ultimate truth?

Does a kiss reveal who you are with? Is this kiss worth the risk?

Is there nothing in a kiss? Is a kiss perhaps nothing more than unpleasant unpleasantry?

Is it something else? Or is it divirse in nature?

Perhaps every kiss is a prequel to eventual pain and self-discovery. Perhaps that discovery is that we are willing to risk our vulnerability even resulting in death through carelessness.

Perhaps we seek the journey only obtained through a first kiss.

Perhaps we can be careless by nature.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't quite know how to answer this...

I'm pretty disinclined to romantic notions as it were...but, I have also experienced...though long-ago now, some very incredible moments of the kiss...

According to ScienceDaily...

It has been suggested previously that kissing may allow people to subconsciously assess a potential partner through taste or smell, picking up on biological cues for compatibility, genetic fitness or general health.
    Psychology Today says...

The vast majority of adults all over the globe have experienced the awkwardness, excitement, confusion and pleasure of it. But one must admit that on its face the practice of kissing is more than a bit strange. Why would the exchange of saliva and dinner salad remnants be considered a desirable event, a ritual of passion? Given that the erotic kiss is so common, it must play an important role in the dance of human sexuality. But what exactly is that role?
    and...

In addition, when we kiss someone, we bring that person into our vulnerable personal space and agree to take the risk of catching an infection or disease. A kiss is therefore an implicit expression of openness and trust. A kiss also shows that you do not recoil from the other’s bodily fluids. Recent research has suggested that sexual arousal, especially among women, functions to suppress feelings of disgust. In this context, the kiss may serve as evidence and expression of sexual arousal
    Personally, I can relate to the disgust part...and, somehow getting way over it when the emotional bond of love, or at least loving is established... even to a point of not only getting over the disgusting aspects but, even to stray from my more strict or much more narrow considerations of what's physically attractive to me... That emotional bond is powerful!

So, is one question that we are being 'duped' or loosing our minds? Yes, I believe so...but, whether that is a bad thing or not...might be situationally dependent...or, with a greater gamble as to outcome alone...

Some of us more emotionally sensitive and considerate types, may have greater liability in our investments, and subsequently more jeopardy to overcome... leading perhaps to greater barriers, and more apt to show or be detected as more vulnerable than strong...and may come off as more needy too...

To the potential recipients who tends to rely on social, and perhaps instinctive cues alone... one may be left shunned, and not confidently received, even outcast...

While ideally, we may hope to educate others...that what they perceive may be horribly inaccurate...perhaps instead, or in conjunction to that...we may need to find our confidence, in-spite of our vulnerabilities...

To overcome is to believe that there is not in fact anything innately flawed about us, only that we believe that we are innately flawed...

From Philosophy Talk...

“What is love?” Troy responds by saying that love is an emotion, but there are more than simple feelings involved. Love is also a perception of value and a commitment of will. Feelings come and go, but along with this ebb is a consistency of decision to be devoted to someone.
    and...

It would be wise to pause, though, to consider whether or not we ever actually love for the reasons we give. Perhaps the truth is that we first find ourselves in love, and then come up with reasons to justify our feelings. Just because we can provide reasons for feeling the way we do about a particular person, it doesn’t follow that we see reasons for loving first, and then develop feelings based on those reasons.

Think of it this way—falling in love because you’ve come up with a list of good reasons doesn’t sound very romantic. It sounds cold and calculating, not something we might even want to dignify with the label “love.” Moreover, it paints a picture that suggests we can rationally deliberate and decide who to love, but for most people, I’d bet that’s not how they actually experience love.

While this might not be how most people experience love, of course, it doesn’t follow that it’s not possible to fall in love for reasons. After all, what we consciously experience does not necessarily reveal the true underlying mechanisms at work. It would be surprising, for example, if the reasons you came up with for loving your significant other—the qualities that make this person so lovable—turned out to be completely irrelevant to your feelings.

Even if we don’t consciously decide to fall in love, it makes sense to think we respond to particular qualities we perceive in others, and we fall in love because of those qualities. That seems to suggest that love is at least potentially rational. However, we should also point out that even if we admit that love can have causes, and that a person’s particular qualities can explain why we love that person, it doesn’t follow that love is therefore rational. An avalanche has causes too, and those causes explain why the avalanche happens, but that doesn’t make an avalanche rational.

So there’s a lot to talk about on this week’s show. What exactly is love? Why do we love? Can we decide whom to love? Is love ever rational? Would we be better off without it?

Those are just some of the questions that come up when we’re talking about romantic love. I haven’t even mentioned any other kinds of love. We can love our friends, our children, our community, even our country. We can also talk about loving more abstract things, like justice, beauty, or wisdom, which raises even more issues. Is there something that all of these different kinds of love have in common? And which kinds of love are most essential to a well-lived life?
    Though death tends to evoke the ideas of infinite fatality...it can also metaphorically be considered the opportunity for a new beginning...a metamorphosis of sorts...

What did you ask?
    What did I answer?
    We may never know for certain...but I'm glad that you asked, just the same...

Though my use of already invented 'wheels', is a bit clinical for your given prose...never the less, much contemplation is provoked!
    -Marka
    by chance are we talking of someones first passionate "gay-kiss"...... (warm smile)
    An interesting response indeed! This topic is prone to wide and various response. It is the intricate point-of-view that inspires me. Delicate subjects reveal discussion that would otherwise get lost in rhetoric. Kinda' akin to a crowded room with the multitude shouting in chaos. It is much easier to hear when one voice has the 'platform'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    Though death tends to evoke the ideas of infinite fatality...it can also metaphorically be considered the opportunity for a new beginning...a metamorphosis of sorts...
    Now that is not 'clinical'. The idea of metamorphasis could be ultimately true and give insight into the human creed of survival.... as ironic as that seems in this context.

What did you ask?
    Hmm... merely exploring ideas on the persuit of human need and the nature of how recklessly we persue them. This could be relatively close to choosing the blue pill or the red pill but without much thought. The consequences loom nontheless.

What did I answer?
    Haha! I ask myself this question daily. No true thought is without regard or merit. Poetry does not fall on deaf ears.

We may never know for certain...but I'm glad that you asked, just the same...

Though my use of already invented 'wheels', is a bit clinical for your given prose...never the less, much contemplation is provoked!
    -Marka
    Your response and opinion is thought-provoking and well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker
    by chance are we talking of someones first passionate "gay-kiss"...... (warm smile)
    Haha! Not exactly but I'm not above giving a "gay-kiss" in digital form. [... Smooch!....]
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.