View RSS Feed

kerry

oops

Rate this Entry
I keep my pacis on my bedside table, but I have so much crap on that table that I am always able to slide some stuff on top of them, and I never worry about my kids--all college age and with their own lives--finding them. But, as I discovered last weekend, you never know.

19-year-old daughter was back from college for the weekend, and since I had slept in deeply on Sunday, she came in to wake me up. As has been our habit since she was a small child, she came in, petted the cats on my bed, and lay down with me. Earlier, I had been awake for a bit, and--groggy--taken my paci out and put it on the table, but I had not covered it. When she sat up, she saw it.

"Why do you have a pacifier?"

"Why not?"

She thought for a second. "Does this have to do with your diapers?"

My kids all know I am incontinent. At that moment I was also wearing a snap-up pair of footie pajamas from Aww So Cute, pink and white stripes with little blue elephants and ABC blocks. She had seen them before many times and had never questioned them. I looked at her, considering my options.

"No," I said. "I grind my teeth at night."

She shrugged her shoulders, and that was that. I have no clue if she accepted it. If she thinks about this even for ten seconds, she'll put it all together; she's not stupid. But she's a sweetie. She'll be fine. If she can deal with a trans mom, she can deal with an ABmom.

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Perhaps she's thinking now that you're in a midlifecrisis, which has unimagined levels *giggles*, just kidding, it's very sweet of her and she seems to be fine about it.

Though maybe it has been catchy question, out of curiosity on how you may want to handle this topic. ;-)
    That sounded scary... I was on the edge of my seat reading this. *Gulp* I always wondered what it would be like with children, if they ever found out. Seems like you handled it like a pro, whether or not she buys it, you didn't attempt to explain a strange fetish to your kid, which gets a thumbs up from me... (although at 19, that's arguably different than a minor..)
    Yes, well, I was between a rock and a hard place to be sure. :-)

She has not brought it up again, but I wonder if she went back to college and googled "diaper pacifier footie pajamas adult" and what she'd find if she did...
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.