View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

Here's why Disney's DAS will not work.

Rate this Entry
Not only do I have autism (and other issues as well), but my parents are physically-impaired. Getting a return time would be somewhat easy. What would really get them is the amount of walking in order to pass the time for the DAS return time. They don't have the endurance to do that. No, a wheelchair is not an option. There'd only be three of us for one thing. My mom would most likely use a wheelchair, but my dad hates them. He prefers walking as much as he can, just not beyond his limit.

Also, if someone comes in with a wheelchair, odds are... they won't allow me to have the DAS if my mom is in a wheelchair. I have a hard time waiting in lines, and I also have trouble understanding the concept of time. I could be in the car for five minutes waiting for my parents, and it actually feels like it's been much longer than that. Just saying. That's basically the problem here. The DAS only accommodates for people who can't wait in line. It doesn't accommodate people with MS or other issues.

Yeah, you can say shit like, "If you can't handle it, don't go to the parks," but that's like saying that if a person in a wheelchair can't use the stairs, then they shouldn't go into a building. Why else do they have ramps for wheelchairs? If visibly-handicapped people can be accommodated for those things, then so can people with invisible ones. We have just as much problems as someone who uses a wheelchair, if not more. We can't help it if we need 'special treatment' to enjoy the parks.

It's not our faults for enjoying certain things differently than others do. Don't just tell someone they shouldn't go because they can't handle it like everyone else. They have every right to be apart of something like normal people. In order to do that, they need to have accommodations, just like a person in a wheelchair needs a ramp.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do you ever use a watch or carry a pocket watch with you? That will help you out with time. Just keep looking at it and it will tell you how much time has passed.
    I don't think that would do any good. It still feels like a lot of time has passed. :/
    I don't know if your park has it but in Disneyland Paris, I know you can use some fast-pass. It's not boughtable, you just go to the fast-pass booth, ask for one and they give you a ticket that allow you to NOT go to the classic 2-3hours waiting line. The downside is that you have to go at a specific hour but you only wait a few minutes to go in the attraction and you can only have One fastpass at a time.

I'm pretty sure you have a similar system over the atlantic. You can look into it.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.