View RSS Feed

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#66

Rate this Entry
Even in adulthood while my deranged mentally-ill Mom was alive, she really did treat me emotionally as if I were "still a little 3 year-old boy" who did not know better about anything. She, in her own "mentally sick way" completely "ran my life". It only finally stopped when she was placed in a nursing home before she passed away in 2008.

It seems to be pretty common for parents of disabled children to "still treat them as little children" even after they become adults. In her own sick way, I was always "Mommy's Widdle Crippled Retard Baby".

She may have been my Mommy all her adult life, but she never gave me any affection.

It was like I was simply her "live" Dolly Friend Toy to take out all her frustrations upon.

In 20/20 hindsight, my own Mommy was still a little 2 year-old girl emotionally. In the 1930's, Mommy was not raised by her own Mommy for the first 2 years of her life, but by her maternal grandmother. For those 2 critical infant/toddler developmental years, my own Mommy's Mommy was "non-functional" herself cognitively/emotionally.

I freely admit to being profoundly starved for affection.

My Autism was not caused by this, but was already present in-utero before I was born.

Well, I need to think more on this to have anything more to say.

I must confess...that for all of this time...I have avoided the "Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby" blog series... I'm not sure why, perhaps my lack of experience with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...??

You have my empathy...friend! I'm sorry that I have not visited before now...

Something tells me that I may be learning about Autistic Spectrum Disorder with a relative of mine...pretty soon...

I'm also not unfamiliar with severely dysfunctional parents too...

Best wishes!
    -Marka - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.