View RSS Feed

kerry

weirdness

Rate this Entry
So I'm wandering around the site and I see this:

If you were broke with no options would you become someones permanant baby?

OK, I say, disregarding the lack of an apostrophe in the possessive and the misspelling, what on earth is this? So, curious, I read on, and I discover a list of parameters describing a "relationship" that, I suppose, fits the author's fantasy. And my previous "what on earth" is edited into "what the f***????"

I'm only kidding. Hey, I get it: everyone has private fantasies, and people at this site probably hold some of the most unusual ones around. But seriously: I think this one needs a reality pill. Not only would the hyper-fantasized relationship described in this thread be the most one-sided, outrageous display of domination imaginable; it is not even remotely conceivable in anything like the real world.

Really: can you picture this relationship IRL? I can't. As much as some of us fantasize about being littles and babies, we are adults, many of us highly educated ones. You can't just stop being that because you tell yourself to. The kind of submissiveness needed to be someone's baby--even if such a thing were possible--would break down very quickly.

I've read similar "what if..." threads on here, postulating scenarios and asking "would you?" It would make me wonder about lots of things were it not for this:

Every single time, including this one, the responses to such threads are the same: commenters say over and over again how absurd they find the idea. They remind the OP that ABDL is not life, that it is only one aspect of life, and that confusing the two is a dangerous game. And they spend post after post (often very tenderly) discussing why the specific fantasy would be a very iffy thing to bring into a real life situation. It is a kind of group therapy: a bunch of strangers in a joint effort to help the OP see that this scenario, while it might make a nice fantasy, needs to stay firmly in that realm.

This kind of thing makes me feel great to be here. It makes my soul warm to be a part of people who share admittedly bizarre emotions and fantasies but, at the same time, are real, down to earth human beings who feel compassion towards each other and take time not just to shrug off a cosmically absurd idea but to explore it and try to help the OP to own its absurdity. I suspect that, if we wanted to, we each could post a "what if/would you" thread of cosmically absurd proportions; isn't it nice to know we are part of a community that responds with passion instead of vitriol?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When I read this post, I didn't think of an AB doing it as a fantasy. I thought of it as the possible teenage runaway who is out on the street with nowhere to go and not a penny into his name. This does happen in real life and the teens often wind up as prostitutes or gangs to stay alive. So, I imagined one such individual on the street and along comes a sweet man in a limo with a unique offer: Be my baby and I will take care of you.

Granted, this in itself is farfetched but it does fall into the realm of "Let's pretend" or "What if" scenarios. It's the hypothetical situations that make good TV shows or even movies.

Just my two cents. :)
    It really is a part of why this place is great. I totally agree. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless
    When I read this post, I didn't think of an AB doing it as a fantasy. I thought of it as the possible teenage runaway who is out on the street with nowhere to go and not a penny into his name. This does happen in real life and the teens often wind up as prostitutes or gangs to stay alive. So, I imagined one such individual on the street and along comes a sweet man in a limo with a unique offer: Be my baby and I will take care of you.

Granted, this in itself is farfetched but it does fall into the realm of "Let's pretend" or "What if" scenarios. It's the hypothetical situations that make good TV shows or even movies.

Just my two cents.
    That would probably be one twisted movie. ;-)
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.