View RSS Feed

pulling a little hair out some days

Rate this Entry
How does some one deal with urge incotance with out going insane? Some days im fine and dry no problem, others .. not so much. Doctors advice is hold it as long as you can before going to the bathroom.. not much help. I have between 3 second and 5 mins to go.. and have no ideal when the timer will run out. Hard to not jump up and try to make it, to just wet a diaper. Just frustrating as hell. Had a few times where i made it in the bathroom then wet just as i had the diaper pulled down..

I'm no physician...but, I would caution to not 'hold it' too long either...

If you'll search urge incontinence or OAB (Over Active Bladder)'ll find a number of things to consider to help you manage this...if not make it go away...

Eliminating Spicy, and highly acidic foods that can irritate the bladder may be a simple start. Cranberries are often used alone or together with other treatment options, when a high pH (low acidity) may allow the overgrowth of bacteria in the bladder causing bladder and UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) to occur...However, the acid in the cranberries, particularly if you have a low pH (high acidity)...can become an irritation...

Regardless of your pH...spicy foods may be an irritation at any time...and may need to be avoided, or much reduced in your diet.

The choice of treatment will depend on how severe the symptoms are, and how much they interfere with your lifestyle. There are three main treatment approaches for urge incontinence: medication, retraining, and surgery.

Food for thought: discover what may bother your bladder
    Common offenders:

Tomato-based foods
    Spicy food (jalapeņos, hot sauces)
    Caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea, and soda
    Citrus fruits and juices
    Carbonated drinks
    Artificial sweeteners

Foods to consider instead:

Pears, blueberries, bananas, and mangoes
    Fresh cheeses
    Potatoes, green beans, and broccoli
    Fresh fish, chicken, and beef

Everyone is different. These lists are provided as guidance.
    I hope that gives you a better idea to get started...
    I do not have urge incontinence, so I'm not sure I can fully compare to you.
    I however sometimes challenge myself to hold for as long as possible (it's a turn on for me) and, if I keep doing that for long enough, I usually end up with the typical sinthomps of urge incontinence: sudden urge to go even with moderate filling of my bladder, that comes and goes in waves.

I'm not so sure that "hold it as long as you can" is the right choice for you. The spasms you feel when trying to hold will eventually make your bladder walls thicker and stiffer, and possibly further reduce your holding capacity. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.