View RSS Feed

ScaredyCat

Monsters Carnival Project

Rate this Entry
I'm happy to announce that well known artist Dcrisis Beta (dcrisisbeta (Fernando) on deviantART) has joined the project as a character designer, and from now on we'll be making up this story together. So we promise that it would be truly epic (and adorable) story.

I'm really curious what do you think about it.
If you tried the demo already, please share your thoughts, and if you haven't yet, you can download the demo from here: (Monsters Carnival Demo)

Comments

I tried it and thought it was plenty cute. I had a sort of unforgiving sequence by touching the ghost and immediate Game Over of totally being unprepared for that and having to start all over, but other then that it went pretty smoothly. I noticed plenty of typos and some of the dialogue seems a tiny bit awkward, but in general I had a positive experience with it. Has a really cute vibe about the whole experience that feels nice. Congrats on the character designer pickup I'm sure you guys are doing to do great.

I only felt a tiny bit awkward as a girl to be like, sure, this little boy can be named Tim only to be told by the characters I totally must have named him after myself.. which I didn't. XD Though I understand that basically it's "possibly make the female players awkward or get rid of the joke" so.. yeah. I can understand that for the joke's sake me having to be all.. "Oh." is fine.
    Can you help me to improve it?

If you have any ideas/suggestions, feel free to post it here. Bug report are also appreciated!

P.S.: If you find this "special mode" storyline a bit too awkward, I could erase it permanently. It was just an experiment .. well, as much as the whole project XP
    I could play the demo again and actually write down all the typos and any lines I felt were delivered odd and write out any suggestions I would have. I didn't see anything that I felt really needed to be cut or anything, it was really cute.

That was mostly it though, that I felt some lines were delivered awkwardly then any actual situation was awkward.
    Yes, that would be great!
    And I forgot to mention, there some major changes have been made since the last version of the game. Lots of bugs fixed, some new features added (I was asked to make it possible to go outside in pajamas, so now you don't have to put off your footie, when you go outside in "special mode").
    If you downloaded the demo before this post was created, please re-download it from the link above!
    Updated 16-Feb-2014 at 22:26 by ScaredyCat
    Just a question but... does the demo work for mac?

Quote Originally Posted by LokiofSassgard
    Just a question but... does the demo work for mac?
    Nope, it's only for Windows as it's a executable file. BTW It worked perfectly on my laptop. Nice job ScaredyCat!!
    Thank you

LokiofSassgard, I heard there are plenty of tricks to run window executable on mac os .. Check this link (RPG Maker Games for Mac OS X)
    I wish I could help you to set it up, but I don't have mac (

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz
    I only felt a tiny bit awkward as a girl to be like, sure, this little boy can be named Tim only to be told by the characters I totally must have named him after myself.. which I didn't. XD Though I understand that basically it's "possibly make the female players awkward or get rid of the joke" so.. yeah. I can understand that for the joke's sake me having to be all.. "Oh." is fine.
    I think I'll make it possible to choose between male (Tim) and female (Jenny) characters in the future. But that means a plenty of new story forks. oO
    Though I think I'll do it after the main storyline is finished.
    And I'm counting on your help with correcting awkward lines.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.