View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

Too bad you can't cure ignorance

Rate this Entry
Seriously, there's so much ignorance in the world today. It's spiraling higher at such an alarming rate. It needs to be cured more than autism does. If there weren't so many ignorant people in the world, people with invisible disabilities wouldn't get so much hate. No one seems to understand us at all. I hate how people have to act like we just want special treatment. Like, if we can't handle something that we shouldn't be allowed to do it.

That's wrong. We have every right to enjoy something as everyone else. However, our limits are different from the average person. We struggle with many things at once that can affect our processing capabilities. Take into hand that some of us can't even handle the sound of people talking all at once, the bright lights of a room, the beeping registers at a grocery store... this is all hard for us. It hurts our brains and makes them feel like they are on fire.

Just today I was at the renaissance festival, and I wanted to rip my hair out because everyone was screaming so loud at the jousting area. It hurts my ears when people are doing this, but I couldn't do that because then people would think I was crazy or something. It sucks when you have an invisible disability too because no one can see it either.

I had a meltdown today because one of the safety service people said we couldn't have the stroller for our dog where we sat. It caused me to scream and carry on, literally pounding my head and curl into a ball because I felt like my brain was going to explode. I know my special needs are getting worse since I have never pounded my head like that before.

I can't handle the same things everyone else takes advantage of. Believe me, if I could stand in a line and be like a normal person, I would. I would love to be normal and not have to deal with so much distress over something so minor and easily fixable. People just don't get what I'm going through and choose to be ignorant a-holes over the fact that I'm bratty or misbehaved or something.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Some people can be akin to homophobic about neurologic conditions, meaning they are so blind in their black-and-white thinking that they fail to realize they may meet most of the same criteria themselves. As far as challenges; why not try to meet those halfway? You complained about how loud the jousting was - how come you didn't come prepared with earplugs or comfort objects? Or if the jousting really interests you, come to understand that they can get loud. I do get it when you talk about invisible conditions; people can see me wearing a leather jacket and a Guns N Roses shirt and wonder why I get distressed at loud music (and sounds too low for everyone else to hear). It does go both ways though, you want others to be tolerant so fair play is to do what you can to try to see their side of the street too though

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED
    Some people can be akin to homophobic about neurologic conditions, meaning they are so blind in their black-and-white thinking that they fail to realize they may meet most of the same criteria themselves. As far as challenges; why not try to meet those halfway? You complained about how loud the jousting was - how come you didn't come prepared with earplugs or comfort objects? Or if the jousting really interests you, come to understand that they can get loud. I do get it when you talk about invisible conditions; people can see me wearing a leather jacket and a Guns N Roses shirt and wonder why I get distressed at loud music (and sounds too low for everyone else to hear). It does go both ways though, you want others to be tolerant so fair play is to do what you can to try to see their side of the street too though
    Ear plugs don't stay in my ears, and I'd look silly with noise-block headphones. Plus, I wouldn't be able to hear the things I need to hear. That, and I don't like how loud my voice is when I have noise block headphones on and try to talk. I can usually tolerate the noise. I wrote this more or less because I got upset over something. It was more of me expressing my feelings than anything. ._.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.