View RSS Feed

The Randomicity of a SuperDan...

I Sometimes Wonder...

Rate this Entry
... How to actually meet people.

Through a variety of unfortunate events across my life so far, I have been left with very few friends and even fewer social skills in order to make more.

And I wonder now just how it all works; where do these people come from? And where the Hell would a potential partner come from?! Having been around online for several years, it has yielded nothing, so now I'm pondering my next move...

Answers on a postcard, please, but for now you'll find me in a Starbucks staring intently at people and asking if they want to be my friend, or in McDonalds sobbing, rocking and chain-smoking cheeseburgers in the vain hope that people will pity me and come over.

Comments

Off the cuff...I would say this is a cart-before-the-horse scenario...
    I hope that by "nothing"...you don't mean nothing... oh, I know that online (for some especially) lacks much in the way of desired human contact...or at least what we've come to expect of it... Just what little that you and I have co-authored in these forums over time...is not at all nothing to me...but, I don't intend to chide you for either what you feel, believe...or see! I have taken no offense...

Back to the horse-drawn business... having, or getting friends, significant-others, even jobs... seems to be easy...so long as you have already acquired such...

I think the real catalyst of sorts here is the confidence, and resources, and comfort that comes from having these things...

So, in a manner of speaking...I think that you may simply have to fake it*... take on the role...get into character...

Obviously from this...it's about genuinely feeling comfortable, and confident, and using the resources you have now... that may take a bit of creativity to start with...

Here's where the online 'rubber' can meet the 'real-world' road ... trust in our confidence, and comfort, and appreciation in you, for you to use as a resource...

Know that however online we are...we are quite real and otherwise tangible too... use that in your 'real-world' expression... let it be the 'seed' to your soon to be 'real' friends...

being a little 'cheeky' but serious too!

Luke...you have the power...
    make it so, number one!
    -Marka
    Those are incredibly wise - and useful - words.

I thank you, Marka.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.