View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

The dentist was awesome!

Rate this Entry
I honestly felt like a little. I went to see a pediatric dentist that also helps adults like me with varying special needs. The room was amazing because they had this train going all around above you and into some of the rooms too. They were very nice and treated me like a child. I didn't feel scared after seeing the train either. I was intrigued by it. They understood my fears and special needs. (I wrote on the info sheets when they asked medical concerns and put 'Severe anxiety, dental phobia' under mental health issues).

But anyway, I really felt like a little being there. It made me feel safe. The lady who looked at my teeth told me what she was going to do and what she was using to check my teeth too. That also made me feel more at ease as well. At the end, the dentist gave me this token because I wanted a bouncy ball, and I was able to get one.

They really made me feel like a little, and it made me so happy.

Also, as for my teeth. It turns out that eight of them can actually be fixed, while the other eight have to be pulled. I'm lucky because I'll only be getting partial dentures too. That's good news for me. I also won't loose Toothy Jr either, which happens to be this wisdom tooth in the way back that filled in the original place of Toothy.

Toothy was special because it had my first filling by my dentist when I lived in Maine, but they had to pull him because he was decaying badly. So, Toothy Jr. took his place, being a wisdom teeth just growing in. But yeah. Good news there. I hope I can continue to see this dentist for check-ups and stuff too if I need to. They were literally that nice to me. I haven't had that much care at a dentist since I lived in Main and had Dr. Foster.

Dr. Foster was really awesome. He had this matinee set up where you could choose a movie to watch. He also had scented laughing gas that went over your nose like bubble gum to chocolate. My favorites were those two. It's been a long time since I've ever really felt that feeling of safety at a dentist.

Normally, just setting one foot into the door, and I feel like running out the door. I didn't feel like that in this place at all. Loki/Tom had a hand at this plus I did take one of my anxiety pills to help too.

I'm so happy you had a great experience at the dentist! I love my dentist too and I always feel relaxed when I get dental work done.
    More courage than me... I'm TERRIFIED of dentists... and I mean TERRIFIED of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675
    More courage than me... I'm TERRIFIED of dentists... and I mean TERRIFIED of them.

I am too, but this was a positive experience for me.
    I realize this blog post is over 2 year old, but I am happy I found it. I think it is great that you were able to find a pediatric dentist that also sees special needs adults; I will do the same thing once I get dental insurance. I have not been to the dentist in about 12 years. It is just so scary to go to an adult dentist, because many are so rude, and do things without telling you what they are doing. I have already found some pediatric dentists where I live that also see special needs adults. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.