View RSS Feed

caitianx

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#58

Rate this Entry
I just returned home from needing to go out to perform some grocery shopping again. When out and around town, I bring with me my blue colored very babyish "diaper bag". It is of course, a "Fisher-Price" Logo "real" diaper bag for babies. It has adorable embroidered jungle animals on it. Personally as an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, I could care less if people see me using a diaper bag for babies. I use it to carry several of my XL-sized "Adult Dydees" in it, along with my soft "Rainbow Dash" My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic Beanie Baby huggable, along with a baby rattle to help me feel safe outside of home, and some baby wipes. People do I suppose put "2 + 2 together" and assume, that along with my having to wear leg braces and my having to use forearm crutches, that I am also in diapers 24/7 too.

It seems there is a tendency in the outside world for non-disabled people to assume that I am "Mentally Retarded" too, because I wear leg braces and no longer really talk very well as an older adult with Autism and Cerebral Palsy, due to some functional decline as I have gotten older and am now in my mid-50's in age.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

People are so judgmental and that's sad, though it's nice that on some level you confident enough to just carry something around and screw the jerks in the world.

Hope you had a nice night and are having an nice day!
    I'm the same way. I don't carry a diaper bag, but I do have a backpack. It's a backpack I got from the dealership my dad got his car. I keep two of my plushies, my iPad and one of my books. I don't keep baby stuff though because of my mom. She frowns upon me acting like a little. It took her a while to accept why I carry around plushies. >_>

I'm already declining functionally. I used to be really an active, happy child. Then one day when I 'out grew' my childish tendencies, I started withdrawing from the world. I stay in most of the time, and I only go places when my parents do. I can't cook or clean either. I can't do a lot of things that a normal adult should actually do.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.