View RSS Feed

Bored4351

Level up! And oddly low participation.

Rate this Entry
Hello, ADISC community. I am pleased to announced that I have leveled up. Though this boast is not my main reason for this blog.
The main purpose is to call out to those who are still lurking in the shadowy parts.
I've created two blogs (not including this one) and an introductory forum post. I joined this community (hoping) to be more social and leave my lurkin' days behind me.
So far the participation for blogs/threads I have created has been incredibly low. 2-8% low. I don't expect to be a rock star or mister popularity, though it piques my curiosity as to why so few people choose to leave comments in spite of how many visitors pass through.
To you lurkers out there, or you just-passing-throughers, I invite you to ask me anything. If you can't send a PM because you've not leveled up, feel free to leave it here. Come fourth, and let yourselves be known.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I sent you another PM. Sorry, I ended up falling asleep last night. Hehe. <3
    We all gotta sleep sometime. I replied earlier this morning..I think it was morning. Time zone differences have me thrown off..
    By participation, do you mean that a lot of people are viewing your threads but not replying back? If so, that's pretty normal. I probably respond to about one of every twenty or so threads I read. And most threads on here have huge ratios of visitors to responses. It depends on a lot of things. Some people don't have the expertise to help with certain problems. Some people might not be interested in a certain topic. In the end, I don't think it's about the number of people who respond as it is about the quality of the responses you get. The responses that have gotten me really helpful advice, or that have led to friendships - those are the ones I cherish, not the dozens of quick responses that flash through. Don't worry; keep posting and replying, and you'll get those responses you're hoping for! Hopefully even making lots of new friends too.
    I'm not necessarily looking for replies, that almost seems rather desperate. I suppose I just figured more of the people that dropped into view would reply to things more than they did. Albeit, I've not created too many topics or blogs. I'm not complaining. Just an observation. I find it interesting that such occurrences are not uncommon. hmm..
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.