View RSS Feed

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#54

Rate this Entry
I apologize for having a temper tantrum the other day. I did receive the Insurance Cheque for the "Book Value" of my totaled 2008 Ford Ranger Pickup Truck. Now my little non-disabled brother can take me up to the Ford Dealership in Londonderry, NH to make the "down-payment" on the already chosen "replacement" vehicle, a "used" 2010 Ford Focus 4-Door Sedan with ~ 20,000 miles on it. I apologize again, because with my own finances, living on a low Social Security fixed income, I can not afford any 2014 Model Year Ford.

As an Autistic, I do tend to have a lot of toddler-style temper tantrums. I do not tolerate changes in routines or changes in expectations of when certain things are going to occur with respect to time and place. At least my rigid routine of taking an afternoon nap from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM does not vary. At naptime, I undress to just my diaper and lie down in my bed. If I am "wet", I quietly "change myself", lying flat on my back between my special side-safety rails, which are necessary for me, due to my other lifelong disability, Cerebral Palsy, to "prevent falls" or injury to myself when getting into or out of my 50 year-old twin-sized bed. After administering myself a diaper change, I then mutely play for a few minutes with one of my baby toys. I then fall asleep, clutching "Precious", my soft adorable "Baby Dolly Friend". I can not sleep without her. She keeps me safe and helps me feel "loved and wanted".

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.