View RSS Feed

Paxe

Dealing with messes

Rate this Entry
Mmm. I am not giving up the opportunity to do THAT in my nappy any time soon. I've just had the ride of my life after being unable to mess for a week. So, the plan is going to be: Off duty, all BMs in the nappy. In social situations, go somewhere private to do them and change immediately, or wait until alone. On duty, BMs in the nappy only if it will not be detectable by anyone whatsoever and I have discreet cleanup facilities where changing a messy one will not inconvenience anyone. Overarching principle - no-one is to smell anything outside of a restroom.

Comments

Good luck with that. Let me know how it turns out.
    It's working out OK so far, about 60 - 70% of BMs can be done in the nappy straight away because there's no issue with being smelly at that time and access to clean-up facilities. The other 30-40% have to wait until conditions are suitable. So far it's worth the effort although I miss my bedroom potty sittings!
    Yeah, it's definitely a learning process. I find solids are easier to deal with, because if you're careful, you can contain the mess and empty it into the toilet. If you can find a single restroom with paper towels, etc, that's even better.
    Always got my paper towels with me because mine are flushable and the usual ones in restrooms aren't. Because I wear liners there's no 'emptying' process, when I take the nappy off it's already empty because the mess and liner are stuck to my bottom. I sit on the toilet, peel it off, wipe up and flush the whole mess down. The alternative is if I have a flushable booster pad in the back of the nappy and no liner, that's usually wet and heavy enough to stay in the nappy when I take it off. I fold it over to contain the mess and smell while I clean up, then tear and flush the pad complete with the mess when I'm ready to roll up and bag the nappy. A small amount of mess often gets onto the inner leakguards but really not much to worry about.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.