View RSS Feed

LittleHanah

Schedules, Love and Comfort.

Rate this Entry
As a kid my parents never really provided me with the security of a "schedule" or some type of ritual to go to sleep in or anything. Everything was always screaming "GO TO SLEEP DAMIT"

and if I cried, it got worse.

As a babysitter, I've seen lots of mothers have a lovingly planned out schedule for their babies, and nearly each time, the child knows they are going to sleep. I thought about my OCD, I have a lot of OCD, things need to be a certain way every day for me or else I start to freak out and hyperventilate and think I'm going to die and suck my thumb.
Yes. I'm not saying whoever didn't have a schedule had a bad childhood, but my parents didn't soothe me when I freaked out, and I was always trying to predict this and that, they were both very temperamental scary people when they got mad, I was scared to be scared but scared anyway.

There is a lot of comfort in consistency, and one of the parts of being Properly babied, is having a parent who tries to create a comforting and fair environment where you as a baby won't be scared, you know whats coming and don't have to freak out and guess. Consistency is good, for adults and kids, but theres something loving about creating a schedule for a baby <3 There is no need to try to follow it to the tee, but that its there, is like a blanket for me

So I kind of have this "mommy" I made in my head when I was a kid, and she's still there (no I'm not insane, I know its just my mind lol) But, last night I was feeling really sad, and freak out ish, and I pictured my "mommy" knowing that, and I pictured her telling me "its bath time" So I did my own loving schedule for myself.

I took a nice bath, and put on my diaper with lots of baby cream all around and baby powder.....then I put my hair in a "sleep ponytail" or leepy pony tail (my little self calls it that)
and then I put my footy pjs <3

I have my paci connected to a string because I lose it at night and I picture my "mommy" putting it around me as I put it on myself, Also having it connected I find, adds to the baby feel :]

-my 2 Night lights switched on
-Lullaby on my Ipad
- and my night time bottle of water <3

After doing these "mommy moments" in my head, picturing myself being taken care of even though it was me, I could almost make it real, I fell asleep to the sweet smells of powder and love ^_^

I have never slept better in my life.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19783[/ATTACH]
(These projection night lights do wonders too <3 I find then very soothing)

So for those who have Anxiety, OCD, or other things like that, or just feel like they want to feel more taken care of ,one of the biggest things they say is good for children is consistency....and if you have a
"pretend parent" and schedule for your baby self, maybe you might feel more soothed.

Maybe I'm insane for having a mommy in my head, but I won't complain, I slept like a baby <3 :)

I say more people should sleep like this, its so soothing to sleep with a paci and bottle around <3

LittleHanah
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	19783  

Updated 15-Jan-2014 at 22:50 by Nihlus (Removed pictures of minors)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I do the same thing.
    Bedtime was sort of weird for me as a kid. I don't remember it, but for some reason my overprotective parents slept in my bedroom on the floor for like the first three years of my life. Later I remember I'd fall asleep on the couch (often with my father's finger stuck in my ear ) then be carried off by my father to bed. When I got too heavy to carry (although looking back that was probably just an excuse, I was about six or so), I had to fall asleep in my own bed.

For me bedtime is regression time. When I can be padded and suck my paci and cuddle my stuffed animals, all under the softness of my Cars comforter. But in this vulnerable state it's not uncommon for me to cry, out of loneliness and sadness and all those negative feelings felt by the adult baby who lacks a caregiver...

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits
    I do the same thing.
    Gld it works for you too ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    Bedtime was sort of weird for me as a kid. I don't remember it, but for some reason my overprotective parents slept in my bedroom on the floor for like the first three years of my life. Later I remember I'd fall asleep on the couch (often with my father's finger stuck in my ear ) then be carried off by my father to bed. When I got too heavy to carry (although looking back that was probably just an excuse, I was about six or so), I had to fall asleep in my own bed.

For me bedtime is regression time. When I can be padded and suck my paci and cuddle my stuffed animals, all under the softness of my Cars comforter. But in this vulnerable state it's not uncommon for me to cry, out of loneliness and sadness and all those negative feelings felt by the adult baby who lacks a caregiver...
    I cry too, I cry into my dolls and stuffed animals, Its hard to be a "little" when your stuck in a grown up body. But its still soothing to about 85% of the time.. <3
    Thats funny your dad put his finger in your ear lol Why'd he do that?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHanah
    I cry too, I cry into my dolls and stuffed animals, Its hard to be a "little" when your stuck in a grown up body. But its still soothing to about 85% of the time.. <3
    Thats funny your dad put his finger in your ear lol Why'd he do that?
    I'd put his finger in my ear, I guess I found it comforting... I've always seemed to like stuff in my ears, like cleaning my ears, and one time when I had impacted earwax when I was little and had to get it flushed out, the doctor and nurse were amazed that I enjoyed it. They said most kids they had to hold down. Even today I sleep with little wads of toilet paper as earplugs, I find it hard to sleep with noise.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    I'd put his finger in my ear, I guess I found it comforting... I've always seemed to like stuff in my ears, like cleaning my ears, and one time when I had impacted earwax when I was little and had to get it flushed out, the doctor and nurse were amazed that I enjoyed it. They said most kids they had to hold down. Even today I sleep with little wads of toilet paper as earplugs, I find it hard to sleep with noise.
    Oooh Ive had my ear cleaned out too! it feels really good :P like..a strange massage in your ear haha. but I had it done at 17 yrs old, I dont know what I would have been like had my ears been cleaned as a kid! thats really cute!
    I can relate to this a lot. I like to have weird rituals and routines and schedules when I go little. My life as an actual child was really chaotic and unpredictable. Usually alcoholism does that! So a big part of being little for me is being able to predict what will happen, generally speaking. Surprises are okay, but overall I find it just as comforting as you do to have set routines.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy
    I can relate to this a lot. I like to have weird rituals and routines and schedules when I go little. My life as an actual child was really chaotic and unpredictable. Usually alcoholism does that! So a big part of being little for me is being able to predict what will happen, generally speaking. Surprises are okay, but overall I find it just as comforting as you do to have set routines.
    Ah yes theres a comfort in knowing and feeling safe....feeling safe that you'll be fed, cared for, nurtured....I lived such a chaotic life as a kid I wonder if I'm doing it right, but I feel a little comforted :] nice to hear it works for you 2
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.