View RSS Feed

RidiculousWolf

Well, my bad.

Rate this Entry
So yea, real life kicked me in the arse and I kinda lost time for this place. Whoops. I'm kinda-sorta back though, hopefully at least. Everything seems to have calmed down now. Not really sure what else to say other than "Sorry for the best vanishing act since David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear."

A quick summary of stuff: I got back in with a circle of old friends and we've reignited our old love of Roleplay, which has been a major distraction.

I went on a bit of a silly buying spree for my 360 and got more games than I ever needed, which has been a distraction when not roleplaying. Especially this previous holiday season where I came away with NINE games for about $130 dollars, and not all bargain bin either. There's some quality stuff in there. Maybe I should elaborate to avoid making this blog pitifully short. Hmm.

I also got back into playing Yu-Gi-Oh more than I was previously, forgot how much I enjoyed it at times. Purely online, though. Not terribly interested in spending a lot of money just to have an actual deck again.

And to top it all off, some personal things, like spending time with loved ones and my job. Typical stuff.

And don't worry, to all my friends here, I've been perfectly safe this entire time. I'll certainly do my best to not vanish again.

I do recall I said I was working on a story of some kind, I'll have to see if I can find that on my mess of a computer and maybe finish it. No promises there, though.

Anyway, video game elaboration! I'll just type up the games I got and maybe a little bit about them.

Lesse..I think I last mentioned that I got the Skyrim Legendary Edition, so I'll pass that over for the game I got after which was... Grand Theft Auto 5. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've played all the other games and I feel like a dedicated fan of the series. As for the game itself, I loved how it's lightyears ahead of GTA 4 in terms of gameplay. No annoying cousins asking to go bowling every five minutes is fantastic.

After that I randomly bought Just Cause 2, which I barely got into, regrettably. But some day!

Then came Batman Arkham Origins. It got a lot of flack for being a bigger Arkham City, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The story is easily the best of the series so far, despite it's rather slow start.

And then there was nothing until X-Mas when I went on a bit of a shopping spree the day after and picked up:

Silent Hill Downpour. I've been a long-time fan of the series, and while I haven't played every single entry (*cough*Homecoming*cough*) This is probably the best Silent Hill since the early Team Silent games. I admit, I once talked badly of it before actually playing, but after I did, I can happily admit I was wrong.

Dragon Age Origins. I haven't started it yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'm looking forward to that.

Hitman Absolution. Another series I've been a fan of since the beginning. Haven't quite finished it yet, but what I've played of it, I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Mass Effect Trilogy. It came in a shiny combo pack for a price I'd be stupid to pass up, so of course I grabbed it. I'm not planning to start this until after I finish everything else, so it'll be a while.

2K Rogues and Outlaws Collection. This one was entirely unexpected. I was walking through Wal-Mart (yea, I know..) and happened to see this little thing sitting on the shelf, the last of it's kind. At first, what caught my eye was the fact it had Borderlands 2 in it. Then I noticed it had two other games with it: Spec Ops: The Line and Mafia 2. I was told that Mafia 2 was a lot of fun, and..Well, Spec Ops is a FPS that I only remember from those commercials a ways back. What really caught my attention was the price, a mere $30 for two games I was sure to enjoy and one that may pleasantly surprise me. Just like the ME Trilogy, I'd be really stupid to pass up this obvious bargain (especially since Mafia 2 still goes for $20 brand new in some places and Borderlands 2 can be anywhere from $20 to $30 by itself).

So that's that, I suppose. As you can see, I'm going to be quite busy gaming in my spare time, but I do promise to make time for this lovely site once again. New Year and all that. Hope to hear from some of my old friends! And maybe even some new ones.

~
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so far behind games right now. I loved arkham city but have yet to get arkham origins. Why did it take them so long to figure out how to make batman games good?

Quote Originally Posted by neocarbunkle
    I am so far behind games right now. I loved arkham city but have yet to get arkham origins. Why did it take them so long to figure out how to make batman games good?
    I'm not really sure. In retrospect it all seems really obvious how to make a good Batman game.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.