View RSS Feed

Happy Thanksgiving

Rate this Entry
It is always hard, isn't it, when there is so much craziness going on around us, to sit back and remember that we do ultimately have so much to be thankful for? But we do. Even if sometimes it might seem to some of us as if the world is saving in around us--and I m not speaking of myself right now but of some out there whose worlds are in far more unstable conditions than my own--there is still...always...something to believe in, to have faith in, to be thankful for. And you know what? We can be thankful forthat, if nothing else.

To those who are not Americans: on this crazy holiday that often seems to celebrate merely excess--excess of caloric intake, excess of lying around attempting to recover from the excess of caloric intake, excess of family (which, let's face it, can sometimes be too much to take in tight quarters for extended periods), and excess of Ultra-Shopping--we like to take stock of what there is in our lives to be grateful for. Somewhere around the turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, we spend time thinking about what makes our lives valuable. And the thing is: no matter how bad things are, there is always something.

My daughter-in-law is dying, but we have been blessed with knowing her and having her in our lives. I have become incontinent this year, but I have been blessed to discover new friends through this website and to learn anew that there are no difficulties life cannot throw at me that I cannot handle. The world is not always easy; whoever said it would be? But as long as we remember that there is love and (at least occasionally) joy in our lives, we can always make it through the pain.

So thank you ADISC for being there for the many hundreds of people who need you to be there. And thank you to those of the friends I have made here who read this on a personal level and realize I am speaking to you: I am happy to have met you this year.

Enjoy your holiday. And if you are not here in this crazy, mixed-up country, then INVENT one: you deserve one too.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Great blog post. I'm so saddened every time you mention your daughter-in-law. That is just heartbreaking. But you are taking such a great stance on this by being grateful for the time you had and do have now. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.