Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#40
by, 03-Nov-2013 at 22:23 (465 Views)
Here is what my resume looks like, that could not get me employed anywhere, doing anything at all:
Versatile and adaptable Electronic Engineering Technician with experience working in a team-oriented environment and independently in assisting electrical and mechanical engineers in prototyping innovative new products from initial conception and transitioning them into full-scale manufacturing.
10/1995-10/2001 - Brooks Automation, Inc. - Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Electronic Engineering Technician III
· Performed initial system integration, evaluation, and debugged new electrical and mechanical designs, and assisted in their transition from Design Engineering into Manufacturing under the directio SUMMARY
n of electrical and mechanical engineers.
· Assembled, tested, analyzed, debugged, and repaired to the component level analog/
digital systems, subsystems and subassemblies utilizing multimeters, oscilloscopes, digital logic
analyzers, and audio/RF frequency signal sources.
· Designed low to medium complexity functional UUT (Unit Under Test) test fixtures and wrote test procedures for them.
· Designed the initial prototype electrical/electromechanical interconnection cables/wiring harnesses on the following Brooks Automation robotic products: TCM3C Wafer Substrate Cooling Station, 300mm FOUP (Front Opening Universal Pod) wafer substrate processing station loadport,
Aquatran 7/Accutran 7 CMP process wafer substrate handler robot, Accutran Series 8 CMP process wafer substrate handler robot. Magnatran 70 Flat Panel Display Glass Substrate Handler Robot.
· Supervised, organized, and allocated resources within an Alpha Engineering Design Lab
environment to insure that Electrical, Electronic, and Mechanical engineers have all the support
resources necessary to perform their creative work.
· Provided prompt and timely technical engineering assistance to Manufacturing Operations, and occasionally to end-user customers to solve minor routine manufacturing assembly, testing, and quality assurance problem issues.
· Interfaced with and developed professional working relationships with the outside subcontractors
where Brooks Automation “outsourced” cable/wiring harness/interconnection production and in the specialized technical area of European CE Mark Electrical immunity/safety compliance testing and verified that new engineering designs for electromechanical and electronic equipment were able to meet the heavy industrial CE Mark electrical immunity/safety standards.
2/1988-6/1992 - Raytheon, Inc., Missile Systems, Division - Lowell, Massachusetts
· Originated, organized, assessed, and documented electronic and mechanical engineering
changes to exact Department of Defense documentation standards.
· Assisted electrical and mechanical engineers in investigating and resolving engineering change conflicts which affected electrical and mechanical hardware form, fit and/or function and manufacturing assembly and operational verification test procedures on the following air-to-air weapons systems: AIM-54C PHOENIX, AIM-120A AMRAAM, AIM-7M SPARROW, AIM-9M SIDEWINDER, XFIM-92C STINGER.
11/1986-10/1987 - Summa Four, Inc. - Manchester, New Hampshire
Electronic Test Technician B
· Performed the initial testing and debugging to the component level on telecommunications peripherals to set standards and procedures in a manufacturing environment.
4/1981-2/1982 - Gould, Inc. MODICON Division - Andover, Massachusetts
Field Service Engineering Technician III
· Evaluated, tested, debugged and repaired to the component level nonfunctional ”field return” industrial process control systems.
· Assisted in the setup and development of field service repair depot customer support for the MODICON 584 Programmable Logic Controller.
6/1978 - 2/1981GenRad, Inc. - Concord, Massachusetts
Automated Test Equipment Systems Integration Technician
· Performed the final system integration assembly, testing, calibration, and debugging to the component level on large, and complex Automated Test Systems used for performing functional and in-circuit testing of finished printed circuit boards.
· DESIGNCAD 3D MAX ORCAD CAPTURE V9.0
· MS-WORD MS-EXCEL
· MS-ACCESS MS-POWERPOINT
· ORACLE GLOVIA 4.0
· PSPICE MS-OUTLOOK
· AUTOCAD LT MICRO-CAP V7.0
1985- B.S., Electronic Engineering Technology, GPA 3.0
WENTWORTH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Boston, MA
· Member of the Student Subchapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
· Photographing Agricultural Exhibitions, Indigenous Wildlife, and Landscapes.
Volunteer as a technical advisor and mentor to the FIRST Student Robotics Group of
Tyngsborough High School, Tyngsborough, MA, with their efforts in entering
and participating in Inventor Dean Kamen's FIRST Student Robot Design Competition.
Create and produce public-access programming for both Pelham Community Television’s CATV Channel 21 and Derry
Community Television’s CATV Channel 17.
Anyway, an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy like me is still seen as a "Stupid Mental Retard"...