View RSS Feed

Oceltot

One Year.

Rate this Entry
Life is full of experiences, some good, some not so much. We all have days when we feel great, and days where we feel horrible. Of course, we all have those days that we call, "The worst day of my life." Often times, there silly things, like a pimple on picture day, or a friend told an embarrassing secret. For me, it happened one year ago today, and the event still hasn't left my mind.

I was awoken by my phone's text alert noise at about 8:30 am. I was a little mad, as I still had half an hour before I had to awake. The text was from my father, telling me he had to talk to me immediately. I wasn't sure what he wanted, but I begrudgingly got out of bed. About ten minutes later he met me outside my dorm.

First thing he said was this wasn't about my brother and sister-in-laws baby, that he wasn't born yet. He told me there had been an accident with my roommate. That had been hit by car while biking home from work. Then, he said the words I never thought would enter my mind, that he had died at the scene.

The tears came instantly. I didn't know how to react right away. I thought he was joking, that he couldn't be serious. I thought there was no way the man who I just saw 15 hours earlier was dead. The rest of the day was kind of blurry and surreal. I kept thinking none of it was real or not happening. After a bit I calmed down, but every time one of his family members came by to pick up his stuff, I cried again. I cried all day, even at his memorial service that evening. Going to bed was hard.

But time passed, and the crying stopped. I never forgot him. I still cherish all the time we spent together, every time we ate at the Caf together, or just hung out. All of it I still hold dear. Sure the tears do return, like right now as I write this I have to wipe the tears away. This memory holds pain, but helps remember what a great friend I have.

So, that was the story of the worst day of my life. I know others will replace it. I just thought I would share this.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I lost 2 great friends last year, i know how you feel.... I can go right back to the phone calls.
    The time may have been short but it's better than never knowing them at all.

We'll see them again
    Oh love. Losing friends is such a hard, hard thing.

My best friend was taken by leukemia when I was 14. It's been almost nine years, and I still think of him so fondly.

You don't forget the people you care about, ever. But it does get easier. Hang in there
    I've lost a lot of people in my time, people who were so close to me. I know how hard these anniversary dates can be. You have my sympathy.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.