View RSS Feed

Paxy

*yawn*

Rate this Entry
Super sleepy....but I can't sleep now that I woke up.

Was awake till 3AM being a sounding board for a friend who is stuck in a bad situation that is detrimental to their over-all well being, yet - they refuse to change the situation or step back and objectively regard things. Anyone who has tried to help is instantly "wrong" or "doesn't get it" - it starts all over in a vicious cycle and I'm the grumble-post that they whine to because they feel trapped.

I was supposed to go to an SCA event today, but when I woke up I was incredibly dizzy so I called a raincheck - but now I can't sleep because I already woke up from my alarm.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I feel your pain. Regardless of what I do the night before, I can't stay asleep or even in bed past 7am. Even 6:30 is pushing it.

As for the whining friend..... One of the reasons I almost never answer the phone, unless I have reason to believe it might be the wife or one of the kids. Somebody always wants something. Money, a couple hours of my life (to chew on my ear), live with me, etc.

I like to think that I won't let anybody starve, or live in the alley, but at some point you've got to realize you can't save the world by yourself, and people have to take responsibility for themselves.

Maybe suggest the person write a story about their trials and tribulations, then repeatedly send it back to them for corrections, spelling, grammar, etc, until they either figure out the solution themselves or stop asking.

P.S. Been there done that. Both my kids are older than you.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.