View RSS Feed

Drivers Permit!

Rate this Entry
Well yesterday I finally went to the DMV and took the learners permit test. I could of went in and took the real drivers test but I got no time behind the wheel. So anyways the written test had 36 questions and I could miss a total of 6 and still pass, 7 or more would of been been a fail. I missed only 4 and the ones I missed barely have to do with road safety.

Anyways its good for a year and I only need a 18+ year old adult with a license to use it while they ride in the right seat. The car my dad has is a stick shift and I tried it out today and I am so damn scared of it. As soon as I let go of the clutch the car gives it a little gas by itself and you have to increase the gas to get it under control.

So hopefully we can fix one of the automatic cars we have (please don't let it be the damn minivan!)

So yeah that's about it. Also I don't mind driving clutch its just that it takes off a little by itself and I hate being in full control and fully responsible over what happens plus you can't see everywhere at once. But automatic should be easier on me.

So, anyways how the hell do you people drive so clam/smoothly?

Stick is a pain. I learned on a... turbocharged race car (a Twin Turbo WRX-STI). the first car I got was automatic. spent a year with it, then went and bought an 08 focus 5 speed. Once you learn stick its a lot of fun and it actually makes you a little better at driving since you have to be aware of your surroundings a LOT more, your constantly shifting and listening for the right time to shift..
    Eh thats why I love my state... Licenses without permit at 17 :3
    You can get a license at 16 years old here in California. Of course you need to get a permit first and get so many hours with that. I never got mine yet since I am still shit scared of driving and I never really needed one. The main reason I am doing it is for ID useage. I need a way to prove I am 21 so I can finally get my hands on some rum.

Also I am so scarred of driving I would never drive after drinking rum or anything else. Plus its a stupid idea that might give me and Darwin Award.
    I didn't like driving much at first, cuz I was nervous about it...I'm not really as much, and I kind of like it...I wish I had a better car though, so I could speed more easily
    Congrats on getting your permit!

Driving is awesome...
    Everything can be difficult to operate if you first don't understand how it works, because you basically don't know what you're doing with your foot to the mechanical parts of the car. IMHO, there are already too many people around driving who don't have the slightest idea of what happens under the hood. Please, don't become one of them!

Clutch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Congrats on getting your permit!

I get my full license in march.

I drive alot and it still freaks me out a bit. Just be careful thats all you can do, and practice practice practice. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.