View RSS Feed

Paxy

I hate being short...

Rate this Entry
So I got all padded up for the night, and I go to put on my 4x washed onsie since it should be properly shrunken by now...

...The buttons are down by my knees. Every other part fits except the crotch length, and I can't go down any sizes or the rest won't fit.

Now I have to figure out how to adjust the crotch length without upsetting the garments integrity...which I don't think I can because its made of two bias-cut pieces.

Being premie-short STILL bites me in the caboose for baby clothes even as an adult. This is NOT fair...I really like the heart-print.

I'd make my own onesie, but I don't have the strength to install the snaps. I guess I need to find someone willing to make a custom size....great.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How short are you? I'm 5'3 and 1/2 apparently. All these years I thought I was 5'5" and then I found out the cold harsh reality... just days ago at the doctor...

I had to buy the onesie in size small because of my height. (Even when I thought I was 5'5") It fits very well, even though normally I buy size medium diapers. I don't know if that's any help? I do remember reading length in body is the major thing for onesie shopping.

Sorry that yours didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy
    How short are you? I'm 5'3 and 1/2 apparently. All these years I thought I was 5'5" and then I found out the cold harsh reality... just days ago at the doctor...

I had to buy the onesie in size small because of my height. (Even when I thought I was 5'5") It fits very well, even though normally I buy size medium diapers. I don't know if that's any help? I do remember reading length in body is the major thing for onesie shopping.

Sorry that yours didn't work out.

I'm 4'11" ...far as clothes fitting goes its my chest that's the issue. My measurements are 44 - 39 - 44.5. According to the onezie sizing chart from Baby Pants, the only size post-shrink that will accommodate "the girls" is the 2XL. Like I said, if I go down any sizes in order to get the length fit (which for me is 31" while padded), I won't be able to fit into it because of my upper body and hips.

For a BP onezie I need the length of a Medium, and everything else a 2XL.

Having a similar issue with my shortalls. They fit perfectly...unpadded. Which isn't a "bad thing" necessarily...but I should have gone with XL Which means I need to buy a second pair.
    Not fare, you were so happy in your last post

Can I suggest getting a picture or two of the offending onesie then asking FaennaJo for some tips or maybe ask the forum ? I'm sure you can't be the only one with sizing problems and it may end up as a nice project for you. Even I've repaired the odd thing when a seam has split and it gives me a sense of satisfaction to know 'I fixed it' ( Frankenstein's monster probably had better needle work but I don't care )
    Another option is ordering a onesie from Very Special Clothes. Auntie V makes them in both long and short sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium
    Not fare, you were so happy in your last post

Can I suggest getting a picture or two of the offending onesie then asking FaennaJo for some tips or maybe ask the forum ? I'm sure you can't be the only one with sizing problems and it may end up as a nice project for you. Even I've repaired the odd thing when a seam has split and it gives me a sense of satisfaction to know 'I fixed it' ( Frankenstein's monster probably had better needle work but I don't care )
    I'm hesitant to post anything on the forum anymore...at all, which is why I really haven't posted much.
    The last 2 weeks, every time I have - I've gotten snarked at by someone/called names and I've even gotten unwarranted Rep; just because I wanted to open up a little and share something with the forum at-large and start a discussion and they felt there was "nothing" in the post worth value and that I posted in the wrong place. A simple, polite PM asking me to move the thread or inquiring why I posted it would have sufficed - I didn't need a snarky Rep comment for that.

Aside from a few people - I'm feeling rather unwelcome at the moment. I understand this is the Internet, and I can handle snark to a degree...but ADISC is also 18+, and we are adults - I expected better manners from members in a place like this. All the forum is doing right now is reminding me why I DON'T socialize.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72
    Another option is ordering a onesie from Very Special Clothes. Auntie V makes them in both long and short sleeves.
    Thank you. I'll go take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxy
    I'm hesitant to post anything on the forum anymore...
    I didn't know you were having such problems, I would contest any unwarranted rep straight away as I'm sure snarky comments are not what the rep system is there for.

I'd like to argue that for me the forum has helped me realise that there are good people out there and I may have to trudge past a lot of morons but eventually I'm going to find them IRL but for now, I get to hang out here with people like your good self.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium
    I didn't know you were having such problems, I would contest any unwarranted rep straight away as I'm sure snarky comments are not what the rep system is there for.

I'd like to argue that for me the forum has helped me realise that there are good people out there and I may have to trudge past a lot of morons but eventually I'm going to find them IRL but for now, I get to hang out here with people like your good self.

I did contest it - immediately. I just wish that when doing so, that we would be allowed to send a message with it as to WHY we feel the need to report said Rep. VS - waiting for the Mods to decide whether our feelings on the matter are valid or not.

I grew up being told not to fuss unless I was bleeding or dying. So I tend to keep issues to myself for the most part. If I'm on a forum or RP blog and it starts causing me too much stress because of how I'm being treated - I leave. *shrug* I try not to "rock the boat". I'd rather just be miserable by myself than drag other people in and cause an issue.

I did contest it - immediately. I just wish that when doing so, that we would be allowed to send a message with it as to WHY we feel the need to report said Rep. VS - waiting for the Mods to decide whether our feelings on the matter are valid or not.

I grew up being told not to fuss unless I was bleeding or dying. So I tend to keep issues to myself for the most part. If I'm on a forum or RP blog and it starts causing me too much stress because of how I'm being treated - I leave. *shrug* I try not to "rock the boat". I'd rather just be miserable by myself than drag other people in and cause an issue.
    So far I've not had cause to report negative rep but I'm surprised there isn't a 'reason why' box to fill in.

I had a similar upbringing, if I wasn't bleeding or broken then the answer was 'suck it up' but I'm learning that sharing helps and we are here to support each other so why not share things with us rather than be miserable.

There's no place for a reason because they're not deciding on your feelings. You get to have your feelings either way, but the validity of the rep is only subject to the rules. Please don't take it wrong, not seeing the message, I have no position on it, it's just an explanation of how that works. I'd also mention that the only acceptable forum for discussion about rep you've received is the requests forum and discussions of individual rep tend to get deleted for that reason.

Just as a general matter, I recall a number of people being confused on the matter of neutral reputation, which really is just a message from member to member. It has no effect on your standing in the forums and unless it's abusive, doesn't really bear reporting, even if one doesn't happen to agree with it.

All that said, I'm sorry you got an upsetting message. I think I recall the thread in question and it didn't seem complaint-worthy to me. It's pretty easy to let a thread pass on by if it's just not personally interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    There's no place for a reason because they're not deciding on your feelings. You get to have your feelings either way, but the validity of the rep is only subject to the rules. Please don't take it wrong, not seeing the message, I have no position on it, it's just an explanation of how that works. I'd also mention that the only acceptable forum for discussion about rep you've received is the requests forum and discussions of individual rep tend to get deleted for that reason.

Just as a general matter, I recall a number of people being confused on the matter of neutral reputation, which really is just a message from member to member. It has no effect on your standing in the forums and unless it's abusive, doesn't really bear reporting, even if one doesn't happen to agree with it.

All that said, I'm sorry you got an upsetting message. I think I recall the thread in question and it didn't seem complaint-worthy to me. It's pretty easy to let a thread pass on by if it's just not personally interesting.

That makes sense.
    My reason for being upset by it was that the comment that they made in the Rep - ultimately should have been a PM directly to me, instead of something connected to my reputation and forum status on the whole.
    If they had PM'ed me and said "Hey, I feel this doesn't belong in the "Off-Topic" forum you might what to move it to (place)" or had posted to that effect in a kind manner - I would have taken it differently.
    This personally made me feel like it was more of an attack and saying that what I have to contribute here is worthless.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.