View RSS Feed

Paxy

Considering shortalls

Rate this Entry
Considering buying a pair of shortalls from Baby Pants. They look super comfy and I miss the overalls I had when I was younger. Oshkosh brand with an elasticized waist. (I was tiny back then)

The time where I can no longer afford AB/DL indulgences is rapidly approaching....but I figure if I can at least have some clothes it will make it less painful to go non-Padded. Not to mention easier to hide/pack if I have to move out of my living space suddenly (and unpacking...mom likes to help with that).

I would go the cheaper route of getting things in the store...but I can't fit anything that would hold up well enough. So, I'm considering getting a onesie, a backup Nuk 5 (since I use mine practically day and night), and shortalls.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. kerry's Avatar
    If you are doing this so that you can have something in case you have to move back home, then when would you have the opportunity to wear them? The onesie I understand. But the shortalls would be hard to wear discretely. And you imply here that Mom is a tad on the snoopy side...
  2. Paxy's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl
    If you are doing this so that you can have something in case you have to move back home, then when would you have the opportunity to wear them? The onesie I understand. But the shortalls would be hard to wear discretely. And you imply here that Mom is a tad on the snoopy side...
    Actually, I talked to mom the other day and she doesn't want me to move in any more than I do. I would be looking for a cheaper apartment. Besides aside from them saying "baby pants" on the buttons (which I doubt anyone would look that close) they don't seem that baby-ish aside from the crotch snaps.
    Which I can explain away in 2 ways:

    1) They were like that when I got them.
    and
    2) It's easier for me to undo the snaps, and hike them up before using the restroom rather than fight with the shoulder straps and risk throwing out my back by twisting wrong.

    Both are entirely true, and if anyone has issue with me wearing them it's their problem, not mine. My mom knows I have footie pajamas...to which she rolls her eyes and goes "you know..I'm at least hoping you'll date...you can't wear stuff like that." To which my reply is "They're comfy and will keep me from stealing covers because I stay warm. Anyone who dates me should see it as a plus." Then she just shakes her head...
  3. kerry's Avatar
    Now that you mention it, if someone is going to wear shortalls or overalls for that matter, snaps and an opening on the bottom make a whole lot of logical sense. :-)
  4. FaennaJo's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by Paxy
    My mom knows I have footie pajamas...to which she rolls her eyes and goes "you know..I'm at least hoping you'll date...you can't wear stuff like that." To which my reply is "They're comfy and will keep me from stealing covers because I stay warm. Anyone who dates me should see it as a plus." Then she just shakes her head...
    That sounds JUST like something my mom would say. LOL ...Mothers. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move back in with mine, either.

    I really love that attitude though. If something is true for you and it makes you happy, then any problem someone else has with it -- is just that: their problem!
  5. oleman72's Avatar
    Paxy I didn't think of that. Having a pair of shortalls with snaps is like having footie sleepers with a trap door. I've got footies with trap doors
    and my shortalls don't. Also you can always get a couple of Dependeco AIO diapers so that you always have diapers to wear.
  6. foxkits's Avatar
    If you look on ebay there are some shortalls that have the metal snaps that are more hidden. You just look at the photos they post and close ups. Search under adult space baby.
  7. Paxy's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by FaennaJo
    That sounds JUST like something my mom would say. LOL ...Mothers. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move back in with mine, either.

    I really love that attitude though. If something is true for you and it makes you happy, then any problem someone else has with it -- is just that: their problem!
    Yep, pretty sure it's a "mom thing" She tends to flip between wanting me to be Independent, and trying to still control aspects of my life. I swear the proverbial umbilical cord is made of kevlar bungie...
  8. Paxy's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by oleman72
    Paxy I didn't think of that. Having a pair of shortalls with snaps is like having footie sleepers with a trap door. I've got footies with trap doors and my shortalls don't. Also you can always get a couple of Dependeco AIO diapers so that you always have diapers to wear.
    I've considered getting some footies with trap doors (I don't like being cold) are they easy to deal with?

    THE AIOs! I keep forgetting about those! You're right, I can get some of them Vs the plastic backed! Can they handle more than one wetting before needing to be washed?

    I've been told I have a "camel bladder" especially the first go in the morning :sweat:, but changing hurts (since I have to lie down on the floor to do it) so I like to stay Padded for at least 2 rounds before switching if I can. Want to plan and figure out how many I should get/if a booster is needed.
  9. Paxy's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by foxkits
    If you look on ebay there are some shortalls that have the metal snaps that are more hidden. You just look at the photos they post and close ups. Search under adult space baby.
    I tried that yesterday, and I found every size except mine. Some of them were really cute too. Pooh-bear patches mostly.
  10. foxkits's Avatar
    Or you can make your owne
  11. Paxy's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by foxkits
    Or you can make your owne
    I could - and eventually I would love to... except denim fabric is expensive, $12.99/yard. Usually (for me) clothing takes between 6-7 yards depending on what it is. Shortalls would probably need 5-6 yards...so 6 yards of thin denim would be about $78.00 alone, not to mention finding the pattern/a pattern to alter, snaps/fasteners, the tools to attach said snaps and fasteners, denim thread, denim needles for my sewing machine, and sales tax. All-in-all, with everything bought to make my own it would cost about $100-$130. I'd much rather spend the $45 and order a quality product from Baby Pants already pre-made. Plus, I'm helping support a niche community of clothiers.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.