View RSS Feed

caitianx

Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and being an "Adult Baby"...#11

Rate this Entry
This afternoon, my younger "NT" brother interrupted me in trying to make another weblog journal entry here.

He seems to be to use the cliche, "going on and on" about the same damn subject, which is how "nobody wants to support him".

Being a developmentally disabled Autistic, "social" rejection does not bother me.

For the most part, I do not have much of an "EGO" to bruise.

NT's have these "social" needs, like "reputation", and "social status", which for me as an Autistic, "do not mean !@#$".

I also see a streak of "judgementalism" in my NT younger brother.

I see that as a trait my late psychotic mentally-ill Mother had which "overflowed" out of her.

Even though I am a Deacon Elder of a Congregational UCC Church, it is not my place to "judge other people".

I only report concerns that should be reported about to my Pastor and I let him "deal with them".

Anyway, I just returned from being over @ my church, where I spent time helping to move items donated to the charity Flea Market and Charity Auction around.

Pelham, NH's 107th "Old Home Day Community Celebration" will be happening in 1 week's time.

I will be covering it for the Derry, NH Community Public-Access CATV Station/Studio where I volunteer.

Not sure why, but I have been doing a lot of hugging of my soft plush "Farmer Hoppity Bunny" friend.

I understand, that my younger brother has this need to "vent" his own "social frustrations" regarding others and how they have been "screwing him over", but, as an Autistic, I have my own "problems to deal with".

"Internally", a bit frustrating for me, because even I can not "read" any nonverbal body language even in my own brother.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Reading body language as always been a problem for me. I would mis read it or miss it all together. It is very hard to read what some one is trying to say with their body.

I do find that most of us who are Autistic have this problem.
    We're blissfully "unconcerned" by stuff the NT's are fracking OBSESSED with ranting 24/7/365 about. And nope- I am so NOT going to make judgments over us/them stuff lightly. Then again?

How often have you seen/heard AS peeps advocating for originating bad stuff? Responding to a crud flinger- yah. Defending selves or others- SURE... but throwing the first stone has been atypical for AS folk In My Observation...
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.