View RSS Feed

Paxy

Need more LEGOS

Rate this Entry
All I have are a Tie Fighter and Construction guy....buried/broken down Tie Fighter scenario is getting old....but I'm poor Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legos2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	18228
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just because I am a geek and I feel the need to correct, LEGO not LEGOS plural would be LEGO Bricks. I feel the same though. LEGO is the best childhood toy. I built the 3000 piece Star Destroyer in 1 weekend when I was in middle school. I was so proud of that thing. I have a box of LEGO bricks that I like to play with now and again still.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas
    Just because I am a geek and I feel the need to correct, LEGO not LEGOS plural would be LEGO Bricks. I feel the same though. LEGO is the best childhood toy. I built the 3000 piece Star Destroyer in 1 weekend when I was in middle school. I was so proud of that thing. I have a box of LEGO bricks that I like to play with now and again still.
    Okay...thats fine. But to me, "LEGOs" is the plural of LEGO (as in one singular brick) Like: "pain level 1-to-stepping on a LEGO". Considering the sets I have are made of several bricks and not one solid piece - I call them "LEGOS". Always have, always will. :P

Also - Star Destroyer = AWESOME. I saw the set on the website, and the Death Star as well....but I don't have $130 to plunk down for either set. I'd like to get several of the Lord of the Rings: The Shire sets and set them on top of my bookcases and make Hobbiton.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxy
    Okay...thats fine. But to me, "LEGOs" is the plural of LEGO (as in one singular brick) Like: "pain level 1-to-stepping on a LEGO". Considering the sets I have are made of several bricks and not one solid piece - I call them "LEGOS". Always have, always will. :P

Also - Star Destroyer = AWESOME. I saw the set on the website, and the Death Star as well....but I don't have $130 to plunk down for either set. I'd like to get several of the Lord of the Rings: The Shire sets and set them on top of my bookcases and make Hobbiton.
    Sorry I don't mean offense to it, I just go by the fact that LEGO meant "Play Well" and "Play Wells" just doesn't sound right.

On a happy note I get more and more excited for the LEGO movie, after every passing day.
    [QUOTE=FauxPas;bt30203]Sorry I don't mean offense to it, I just go by the fact that LEGO meant "Play Well" and "Play Wells" just doesn't sound right.

On a happy note I get more and more excited for the LEGO movie, after every passing day.[/QUOTE]LEGOS is quite common usage in American English.

*Then after looking to your location, acorn hastily exits stage left*
    Now, now.

I don't know anything about the manufacturer's intentions (in what language does "lego" mean "play well," BTW: just curious b/c I didn't know that), but a tour of their website suggests that they do indeed see "LEGO bricks" as the plural of "LEGO brick," which they seem to feel is the acceptable singular.

However...

In common parlance, I don't know of a single soul who actually says "LEGO brick" or "LEGO bricks." Everyone simply says "LEGO" and "LEGOs" and it means the same thing. It is the natural human (or at least American) penchant for not wasting syllables and words. This one is not a matter of a brand turning into a generic like Kleenex or Frigidaire or Band-Aid: LEGO is LEGO, and no other brand has what they have. Everyone knows that.

So, Paxy, my vote, FWIW, is: say LEGOs with complete impunity because everyone else does it.

BTW: The LEGO movie does look pretty darned awesome.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.