View RSS Feed

Paxy

My life just keeps getting better....

Rate this Entry
Pharmacy just called …the GENERIC of my ADHD meds (which I need) …is apparently $236/month. Which I cannot afford…AT ALL.

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Aww, I'm sorry That sucks so much!

Is there any chance you could use a different pharmacy? Possibly call around and see if you can get price quotes from other places? I know Wal-Mart has a list of like $4/month prescriptions, and Walgreens has a prescription savings program. Costco or Sam's are supposed to be less expensive as well. There is also at least one non-insurance script savings group out there, with supposedly varying reliability... Since you don't have insurance it might be worth looking into.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this stuff, Paxy <3
    Does it happen to be Concerta?
    See if the pharma co. offers patient assistance. Some companies will send the med or a voucher for typical monthly supplies to low income patients. If not, see if there is an alternate med that can be prescribed where there are $4 generics or have PA programs.

--sf

Quote Originally Posted by FaennaJo
    Aww, I'm sorry That sucks so much!

Is there any chance you could use a different pharmacy? Possibly call around and see if you can get price quotes from other places? I know Wal-Mart has a list of like $4/month prescriptions, and Walgreens has a prescription savings program. Costco or Sam's are supposed to be less expensive as well. There is also at least one non-insurance script savings group out there, with supposedly varying reliability... Since you don't have insurance it might be worth looking into.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this stuff, Paxy <3

I'll check around, but typically the pharmacy (for the meds I need) it doesn't really change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith
    Does it happen to be Concerta?
    Yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox
    See if the pharma co. offers patient assistance. Some companies will send the med or a voucher for typical monthly supplies to low income patients. If not, see if there is an alternate med that can be prescribed where there are $4 generics or have PA programs.

--sf
    Yeah, I was playing phone-tag with my doctor's office all afternoon. Trying to see if there is a cheaper equivalent.
    That's terrible. I hope something will work out. I hate our healthcare system in the US.
    Yet another amazing bonus for US healthcare.
    I knew that US health services are private but seeing you having difficultly like this brings a sharp and nasty perspective to me.

I wish you all the hope I can muster.
    The problem is that these Pharma companies are fitting against what is referred to as Obama Care. We are being over charged for Rx drugs, they are make here and cost less in other countries. In the North part of the country we have people going to Canada to get the Rx drugs because they are cheaper.

The cost of my Epilepsy medication is close to a $1.000 for three month supply, We are getting screwed if we are sick.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.