View RSS Feed

Rate this Entry
Just got back from the gym at my apartment complex.

10min on this ski-workout thing-a-majig (no idea what it's called) that has glidy foot-pedals and pole arms. Either my range-of-motion is too shallow for it, or I'm too short to use it...or probably both. My left foot kept rolling in like it does so the tendons and muscles on my ankle and outside of my calf were complaining. So I stopped that.

Then 25min on a stationary bike with resistance. I'm overly warm and my heart rate is up and kinda sweaty...and my ass hurts...BUT, I don't feel dizzy or like my chest is going to explode. As long as I don't push it with my tachycardia, and do too much cardio - I should be okay. After all - 30-40min every few days is still more moving than I usually do.

On Wed I'm going to go in the morning and do some light weight reps (5lbs) and try the other upper body machines. (They were being used by a couple of super-beefy looking guys twice my size... I didn't want to go anywhere near that side of the room. )

I figure as long as I keep this up every few days and get my eating habits righted again, I should be able to get rid of some pounds. I hope so. Its that lower-belly "girl pouche" bit that is driving me crazy more than anything else. I have to be careful with crunches and sit-up though because of my hiatal hernia and spine crap. Last time I did sit-ups with a trainer, and three days later I had a blue spot on my belly. Doc said I tore my hernia even though I didn't feel anything. Needless to say, no more trainer...

Hey, good for you! Gently pushing yourself without going past your individual limits is something to be proud of I have issues with asthma and overheating as well, so I try to do the same (though it's been some months since I fell off the exercise wagon, lol).

And you don't need to do crunches or sit-ups to slim your tummy! There's no such thing as "spot-reducing," unfortunately. Just regular old weight loss... which, on the bright side, means you're equally likely to succeed by just doing general exercise like you have been

Go Paxy!!
    No pain, no gain is what they say but then again, be careful and don't over do it. Just take it easy at first, you can always do more when you get used to it. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.